WAKE KJFMS Update NEURO appointment and EYE TEST

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Oct 19, 2006.

1. darude

darude New Member

Guys you are NOT going to believe this!!!!!!!!!!! Had my eyes tested and guess what!!!!!!!!!! 20/20 Vision. He said my eyes are perfect for someone of 55 years of age!!
    No disease at all. So I asked howcome I have difficulty seeing????????????????? What about the blurry vision etc. NO CAUSE for it he said. Also I walked in there and did some of the usual Neuro tests and they all came out perfect. Gees this is so bizarre!!!!!!!! Anyways Now about the Pt for other PT's. It's not touching the Optic nerves but he thinks is causing the other problems so he is sending me for MORE tests and will probably recommend that I have surgery. It hasn't grown AT ALL but they can have a growth spurt and start touching the nerves or they burst. So thats probably what I'm going to do. Will see him again when the tests come in.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2006]
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

20/20 vision -- what the... well I have to agree with you darude that is odd!

These PTs have got to be on the "Oddest Disease" List don't they?

You sound like me with the neurological testing I had some of those yesterday and all were normal. I did the tip toe walking, heel walking, peripheral vision, visual coordination, and touch sensation all normal...arrgghhh (I am glad they are normal)

I have been very sick and dizzy this week and there is no fluid in my ears so they're just not sure...sigh

Anyway...I am very glad your tests were normal but that doesn't explain the visual disturbances does it?

More testing -- jeez -- don't you just get sooo sick of it?

I am glad your PT isn't touch the optic nerve right now or anything else for that matter.

Do you know what kind yours is? At first mine was thought to be a non-functioning PT but now it seems that may not be the case because I am having symptoms of some hormonal imbalances. So as you say MORE testing...

I get really frustrated when people say that PTs are "no big deal" because for some people they are very big deals and cause all sorts of problems with the entire endocrine system and it is very upsetting.

Have you had many problems with your thyroid because of the PT?

Do your ears hurt? Sorry for all of the questions :)

I wish you the very best of luck and will be thinking of you a lot.

Please keep us posted OK? I will light a candle for you.

Take care of you,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2006]
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

How are you? I am going to butt in...LOL

Have you had the follow tests for your PT or you darude?

Growth Hormone
    TSH
    Cortisol
    Prolactin
    ACTH

I am going to be re-tested on these the last time my Cortisol was high normal.

I think through the nasal passage is the preferred method now Wake.

I have to agree with you Wake if we were men we would no doubt already have the PTs removed...argh

If the PT isn't "doing" anything why do we feel like crap?

I have been doing so reading on parathyroid disorders and it has me wondering...sigh

I have been pretty sick but did manage to work this week not sure how though...

Well as you can probably tell I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

You remember just several weeks ago my TSH dropped to 0.2?

Well it was tested yesterday and it has climbed to 5.25 -- sorry to whine but I have been feeling lousy.

This just has to be very hard on my body bouncing back and forth from hypo to hyper and back to hypo -- it is enough to make a saint SCREAM!!! :(

Take care,

4. kjfms

kjfms Member

How have you been. I haven't talked with you for a long time.

A PT is a Pituitary Tumor daurade, Wakemeup, and I have one. I have named mine Lucy -- my lame attempt to keep my sense of humor...LOL

I think there are others on the board who have PTs as well.

Take care,

[This Message was Edited on 10/20/2006]
  5. darude

darude New Member

Yes quite a few of us have these THINGS in our pituitary.I had vision checked as it was really bothering me. Also found out you have to have Cartoid arteries checked because of them. Going for Ultrasound next week.
  6. kjfms

kjfms Member

I had no idea about the carotid arteries. Thank you so much for the heads up on that.

I wish you the best of luck,

7. darude

darude New Member

Ya all sorts of things can go wrong. Well we already know that don't we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will keep you updated. Today I'm terribly TIRED. Slept 12 hours and can't seem to stay awake. Also horrible BONE pain. Do you get that?