Wake Up When It Is Time For My Next Dose Of Ultram

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rain122865, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

Have been taking ultram for a month now and relly like it. It has helped a lot with the pain and I am even able to sleep easier now but I take it every four hours and I wake up when it has been 4 hours and time for more, is this normal? Anyone know how to get this to stop? I shouldnt complain 4 hours of sleep is great and sometimes I can fall back to sleep after taking it again but I just dont understand why it wakes me up? I even take valium at bedtime to help me relax and fall asleep, still I wake up in 4 hours?Thanks for any replies.
    Rain
  2. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Ultram makes me wired! I am a whacked out....I guess. But still take it daily for mild to mod. pain. Just don't take before bedtime.
    Karen
  3. Kalli

Kalli New Member

Hi Rain, The directions for my Ultram are for every 6 hours and I take 200 mg. a day. The insert that comes from the Pharmacuetical(sp?) company says not to take over 400 mgs a day. People react to medicines differently and I have known others that don't sleep well when taking Ultram. That is a side affect of the medication....a sleep disorder and nervousness. Next time you get a refill ask your pharmacy for the little insert that comes with the Ultram. It tells you more than what the druggist or the doctors tell you. And we have a right to know these things.

For me Ultam and Xanax help me sleep really well. Except last night was the worse night I have had. I was in bed 12 hours but don't feel like I've slept at all.

Pamelor is an antidepressant. Good that you can take it. When I tried it a second time, it increased my pain about 90%...where I had no relief at all.

I hope you can find a good combination or something to help you sleep better than 4 hours at a time.

(((((((((hugs))))))))
    Kalli
  4. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi Rain:
    I take ultram for pain and it helps better than anything else I've tried so far. BUT I can only take it 2 times a day or I can't sleep. I tried 3 times when I had a bad flare up, but couldn't sleep. It happens every time, so I just take 1-2 a day and that is it for the pain.
    Could be you're reacting that way too. I agree that you should only take 1-2 q 6 hours, not q 4, unless your doctor instructed you to do so. If I took 1-2 q 6 hours I would be really wired and awake.
    good luck
    sue
  5. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

The Dr. directions are 50 mg. of Ultram (use the generic Tramadol) every 4 hours. A one month perscriotion is 120 pills.
  6. cls

cls New Member

when you wake up during the night? Your prescription reads take one every 4 hours so you are not taking more milligrams each day than the insert recommends. I've been taking Ultram for awhile and can't take it when I'm planning to sleep because it does get me a little wired which has been helpful for me to keep active during the day. I would try not to take it within 2 hours before bed.
    Maybe your doc can put you on a diferent med at night to help you sleep longer. Did you ever use benadryl for sleep?

Your body will build up a tolerance and dependance on Ultram, just as with some other medications that people are use for chronic health conditions. I have stopped taking it twice before and it is tough to get off of, so you should understand that posibility if you are going to use that for pain. I've accepted my dependance on Ultram because it has kept me functioning.
    Hope this helps some.

[ advertisement ]