wake up with red eyes and very swollen around eyes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Jul 31, 2012.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi all, just wondering if this is part of fibro, I have been waking up with very swollen eyes,the whites are red, and the sides of my face including the area around my eyes feels like the skin is burning and itchy,this is a new symptom for me . Just thought I would see if any of you have had any thing simuliar? Thanks ansd God Bless
  2. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

It really sounds more like an allergy. Did you start using a different detergent on your linens? Could there be a new mold growth in the house?
    Sometimes we do get histamine releases that can cause skin allergies and itching. I use to get them so bad my blood vessels would burst and I'd have huge black spots all over my back and thighs. Doc put me on sinequan cause he said it helps with sleep and has strong antihistimine effects. My problems stopped with that medication.

I hope you find an answer to why this is happening to you. Hugs, MicheleK
  3. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I'm doing 50mg now, will double it and see what happens. My eyes have been so watery lately, and last week I gave MYSELF a beauty of a shiner just by wiping my eyes with a tissue! I've got an air purifier going 24/7 and this summer, it's done nothing but rain, so I don't think it's allergies, but with this DD, who knows?

Soft hugs,