Wake Up With Unsettled Feeling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Feb 5, 2007.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello:

Today I woke up and had a very terrible feeling of being unsettled.

I did not like it, so grabbed my Klonopin right away.
    I just jumped out of bed and downed it.

Do you wake up feeling out of sorts. Any idea of what causes it?

nyrofan
  2. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

I sure do.. not often but I have. Sunday morning was the most recent and I think it was because I didnt take my pain med on schedule saturday plus I didnt take my ambien Saturday night either.. ugh.
    I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin, I couldnt be still at all..
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Nyrofan I sometimes get that unsettled feeling too. sort of like i forgot to do something of importance or just a bad feeling sort of like something not too good is going to happen today. never know when this is going to happen but i really hate that feeling. i've had them all my life though not just since getting this stupid Fibro. i hope the feeling passes soon though and you have a great day.....SueF
  4. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

I sometimes wake up with that unsettled feeling. Sometimes I have bad nightmares and then wake up feeling totally out of it. I feel like maybe something bad is going to happen or something is wrong but cannot tell what it is. All of this usually happens when my pain meds wear off during the night before I wake up. What kind of unsettled feeling did you have if you don't mind me asking? I was feeling alone in this and actually it was worrying me some.

God Bless,
    Bob
  5. moab341

moab341 New Member

For what it's worth, I have suffered from anxiety for several years now and have the feeling you are discribing often.
    To me it feels like fear, although I can never quite put my finger on what it is I'm afraid of.
    I have heard that FM people often suffer from anxiety.

Please know that you are not alone in this, and although medication can help, finding ways to deal with these feelings when they surface can be a challenge.
    Good luck...I wish you peacefulness.
  6. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Hello friend,

Not sure why you felt that way. Did you get a good night's rest? Had you had any stress the night before?

Yesterday was my birthday & as a present my Fibro went into high gear & gave me a whooping severe case of bad RLS that left me with 2 hours of sleep & still I am weak legged & off balance.

I don't think that my husband & I had some words on his father. The man I say I love to hate.

None the less, try to relax, take a nice warm bath with some bathing salts or bubble bath & just try to relax & let the meds work. The more keyed up you get the harder the body fights the meds.

I hope you are feeling better. I will be thinking of you, especially since I am stuck at work feeling like this.

your friend,
    fun ;)
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Phew!!

I am glad I am not alone with this. Thank you for giving ideas to run by the doc.

Usually I forget.

thank you much.

nyrofan
  8. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Not sure why this happens but I get this too. It has been happening to me a lot lately. It is really disturbing so I can understand why it bothered you. Don't know what it is but you sure are not alone. Strange isn't it that we all get such weird things happening to our body's.

Take Care,
    Pam
  9. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I get these sometimes also,I think its when I dream,and can"t recall the dream.
    I have found if I can lay in bed for just a few moments and get up slow ,it helps the feeling to go away.
    I know for myself that any strange or different feeling makes me fear that one more thing is going to start from this D.D.. I have been trying to get over the fear that I"m going to get worse.
    sometimes I think that this is the worse part of fibro,the fear of it,the unknown,this is where my inner self helps me, my faith in a higher being.
    have a good day.sixtyslady
  10. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I read recently that you ran into your x in the food store.Sometimes when old feelings bad or good are surfaced it will kick up old feelings.

I just sit back and thank God that I am out of that situation and ask him to give me peace.

Sorry for the way you feel right now, but it to will pass.