wakeing upat3am every morning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by furby_wannabe, Feb 12, 2010.

1. furby_wannabe

furby_wannabe New Member

is it just me or what but it seens that every night i wake up at 3 am dose this hapen to anyone alse?
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I am never able to get to sleep before 3, 4, 5, or even later, so nope not waking up then - still not asleep

I will tell you that sleep issues of all sorts are a big part of CFS and FMS, thoguh
  3. Exfa

Exfa New Member

I was diagnosed with FM in 1996.......way before I was diagnosed I woke up at 3am every day.......and that has gone on for years and years.......I still wake up at 3am. I have heard many others say the same thing. I wonder why that is???? Exfa
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Do you wake up at 3 A.M. every morning to go to the bathroom, or just wake up?

Sometimes people wake up at a certain time because they will drink a lot of water right before they go to bed to take their medicine, etc.

I know I sit around all evening and munch on crushed ice because I have such a dry mouth. Then, like clockwork, I wake up at certain times during the night for a potty run! Not only eating crushed ice all evening, I end up drinking almost a bottle of water taking all of my nighttime pills right before I go to bed!

I still have times that I either can't get to sleep, or I wake up more often than normal. I take Zanaflex, a muscle relaxer, before bed, along with my Neurontin and Cymbalta. They all such help me relax and sleep but sometimes they just dont. I mentioned this to my doctor when I wend on Wedneday and he told me to take a Benedryl with my Zanaflex. He said to take 2 Benedryl is I nneeded them.

5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

endorphins are supposed to peak at 3AM and cortisol is supposed to be at its lowest at that time....if either of these levels are off, it would explain why some are waking at 3AM
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

For many years I would wake around 3:30 -4:30, and could actually feel "stuff" moving down the bowel. I had an unexpected cure when I started a new blood pressure med. The med said possibly side effects were dry mouth. Well, that med seemed to dry everything and from that point on waking with bowels was no longer an issue.

I wake with cotton mouth, must end up sleeping with my mouth open and according to family I snore too. I keep water to sip during the night. Then dry mouth is supposed to be bad for your teeth.

In my case I had to choose my poison as the saying goes. I prefer sleep, and then deal with a colace pill at night, metamucil in the morning and usually one prune am and another one pm.

As with everything regarding fms, finding a balance that works for each of us, and not one single solution works for all.
  7. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I soooo envy those who sleep right through the night, I don't know when the last time I did that.
    I too wake up every few hours, although I do fall back to sleep, thankfully !! and the funny think is I am on 100 mg. of Trazodone which is supposed to help you sleep. I don't understand it, I am up and down and off to the bathroom so many times, it drives me crazy.
  8. onset1990

onset1990 Member

3 or 4 a.m. my system wakes me up. I feel activated. My heart is pounding harder. Hard to go back to sleep. Usually take something after a half hour of lying there awake.
  9. zipk

zipk New Member

try it.
  10. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

Did Tryptophan worker better for you than melatonin?