waking up angry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minkanyrose, Feb 20, 2007.

1. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I don't remember having a dream or anything I just wake up angry or frustrated feeling. I don't know why I do this has anyone else had this problem?

I am not angry at anything in specific I want to cry or scream or lash out but do't know why.I feel like a volcano just waiting to explode.

I go to bed in a good mood and no aparent thing to trigger it and wake up like this I hate it on those days I just want to go back to bed and stay away from every human or animal around.
  2. discoverygal

discoverygal New Member

I sometimes wake up really mad at my husband and I have to think to remember if he pissed me off the day before. Most of the time my anger is unfounded.

Do you sleep ok during the night or do you sleep poorly like most of us? Do you take sleep meds?

I don't know what would make you mad but what if you laid in bed for a couple of minutes and think about happy things in your life, good things you will accomplish during the day, things like that. Then you may be able to get rid of the anger.

Good luck.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

minkanyrose:

Sometimes I wake up with an unpleasant feeling in my gut.
    Having had this off and on for many years I immediately take a small chip of medication and drink my coffee in peace.

The feeling passes and I get my work done.

I hope you can find a solution to this problem. It must be so discouraging.

Some people opt for counseling and others do not.

It is just a matter of opinion. And you certainly would know which way to go. I hope.

Anytime you need to rant or rave you can lash out at me.
    Just post 'NyroFan' and I will be there for you.

much love,
    nyrofan
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

before on this board. Some say it is a withdrawal symptom from med's taken the day before. If you are just taking them periodically it might be something else. I will wake up a little angry myself if I wake up hurting. I would bring it up to your dr. though.
    Have a blessed day.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/21/2007]
  5. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I don't know how long you've been dx but I know I went through a time of anger and isolating myself.I had lost control of my life as it had been and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't just ignore all the limitations I now had to prevent me from living as if it didn't matter.I felt a rage inside ready to erupt.I felt so angry at the phone ringing with one of my kids calling because they should know I wanted to be left alone.All kinds of feelings that didn't make sense and weren't me.I can't even say when it went away and I excepted things were different.I still get mad but not like that so if this discribes what you feel know your not alone and maybe it's a grieving process we go through.That's the way I look at it anyway.
  6. pat460

pat460 New Member

Hi,

Maybe you should check the side effects of your meds, if you are on any, and interaction possibilities. When the dr. put me on Prozac, I became extremely angry at the whole world and didn't have a clue as to why. I just reacted very badly to it. When I secretly started thinking about hurting people, I went to my dr. to get off it. It was really scary! I've never had a reaction to a med like that before or since. You should definitely talk to your doctor soon. If it gets worse or you have problems coming out of the anger stage, call your doctor right away. It may be something else entirely but, I just thought you would want to be alert to the possibility.

Take Care, pat460
  7. applecrisp

applecrisp New Member

I woke up and growled at my husband then my kids...
    I hurt so bad today. I had a stressful dream that I dont remember and I woke up in pain and nasty...I hurt and want to feel heat on my sore muscles but I'm swollen..there is no way I can put cold on my body to bring down the swelling cause it would hurt me more.

I'm allergic to ASA and motrin, dont know if there is an anti-inflammatory that I can take. I'll ask the doc tomorrow
  8. Shalala

Shalala New Member

... yes, but more so lately with this new antidepressant (Wellbutrin generic). I notice I have anger issues ... I hope I don't lose it and throw ICE at a car (did you see that in the news? she got jail time). I find that I am crabby and lose patience very easily. I don't think I am dangerous but I do get flustered and angry easily now. When you hurt you can't be Mary Sunshine ;-) . You may be not sleeping well enough to get refreshed or have some sleep apnea if it is happening from the moment you wake?

I wish you the best.
  9. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I have seen people talk about this here before. I too have weird feelings a lot of times when I wake up and don't know why. Not necissarily anger for me. Just a very unsettling and weird feeling and sometimes anxiety.

Not sure what that is all about or how to fix it but it seems to be common here with our illnesses.

One thing that I just started looking into a few minutes ago due to another thread is hypoglycemia/adrenal fatigue. Apparently adrenal fatigue (which many of us have due to long term illnesses) can cause hypoglycemia which I didn't know.

In turn hypoglycemia can cause sleep disturbances like what we are experiencing. So maybe these weird feelings upon awakening is hypoglycemia caused my adrenal fatigue??

Here is something I found online:

Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) commonly occurs in Adrenal Fatigue due to the combination of low cortisol and high insulin levels during stress of any kind. Low cortisol levels lead to a slowing of glucose (blood sugar) production and high insulin levels lead to increased demand for glucose.

This increased demand and decreased availability of glucose creates a state of hypoglycemia. As a result the body cells do not get the glucose and other nutrients they require. There is a very close relationship between adrenal function and blood sugar levels.

I found this on a website too:

Hypoglycemia can also happen while you are sleeping. You might

* cry out or have nightmares
    * find that your pajamas or sheets are damp from perspiration
    * feel tired, irritable, or confused when you wake up

Take Care,
    Pam
  10. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

i will check this out with my doctor and keep track of what I take on a need to basis because my other meds haven't caused this before.

Doctor recentlly gave me xannax to take on a need to basis because He felt I was taking to much pain meds and wanted to try something else instead of taking vicodine on a need to basis.

thank you again.
  11. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Although antihistamines can do this too.

I increase my serotonin levels using natural tryptophan sources. My favorite right now is Honey-Roasted Cashews.

It helps me sleep and I wake up happier. I leave them in a jar convient for my son to grab as a snack and I've noticed it helps him too.

Bananas, Turkey (dogs, deli, bacon, chili, sausage),almonds and dairy (I'm allergic) are other great sources.

Some ppl can't convert trytophan into serotonin and find that 5HTP works better.

If you are taking antidepressants, you may need less once you add these to your diet. Be careful about Serotonin Syndrome (too much serotonin) as its bad too.

Lastly, toxic metals can interfere with your body's enzymes that make up neurotransmitters like serotonin. A hair analysis could point this out.
  12. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Anger is a part of the grieving process. We all grieve our former life and capabilities. Could this anger, of yours, be coming from that?

A lot of posters have indicated anger. Grieving does not have a time limit. We can go in and out of the processes for a long time. Acceptance is the final stage. Of course, all of this is 2nd hand therapy.

Even though we find acceptance, we stil have these issues come up from time to time.

I hope you have a good day, today. Sees