waking up early-T3 (thyroid med) issue or no?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Jan 9, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

So my sleep was finally normal, well for me. I would go to bed at 12:30/1:00 am wake up from my husband's alarm at 6:30 then fall back asleep at 8:00 until about 11:00. I rather sleep all the way throuh but I will take what I can get. Anyways, for the past week I go to bed at 1:00 and wake up at 7:30 wide awake and unable to go back to sleep. I then feel so exhausted for the rest of the day-tired feeling(different from fatigue) b/c I woke up to early.

The only thing I took differently was an increase in my T3 to 37.5. No other problems on it and I am ready to dose up to the next level but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this with their thyroid med or was it just coincidence for me?

2. elsa

elsa New Member

It doesn't stay active in the body that long and it doesn't build on itself.

Been times when I have felt like crawling after I get up in the AM, take my T3 and start to feel like a normal person again.

Maybe you are actually feeling better and your body is beginning to act like it did prior to CFS/FMS. Something to think on. As I started getting stronger and stronger into remission I had to remember how to be "well". Strange I know, but there you have it.

Maybe you don't need to sleep in that same pattern at the moment because your HPA axis is functioning better.

Elsa
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

but you may be on to something with that HPA axis. I started targeting that first with my treatment in Oct. but then I also don't think I would be so tired if my body was rested. I just stared the TF today so I will probably be sick and tired a week or so from now so maybe that will put me back on track. I am just such a light sleeper since I have had CFS. I have to sleep with two dark drapes on each window in my room plus I have two fans running so that I don't hear footsteps in the morning or cars and I don't even live on a busy street.