waking up in pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jessica0123, Oct 12, 2006.

1. jessica0123

jessica0123 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am sodiscouraged, this is one of my worst mornings. Do any of you have such bad mornings you can't move? What meds are you on? I can't even take a deep breathe.
    Jessica in VA Thanks for your support
  2. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i can hardly move when i get up i am in so much pain. i almost really hate to wake up. i go straight for a pitiful oai pill which i am always hoping will actually work. he gives me vicodin and ultram, but i haveben on meds so many years that they dont hardly work- but they are all scared of the drug police.. and this is a pain dr!!
    so i get all those expensice shots and they wk like maybe 3 days.. sigh.
    i am so srry that you are going thru this.it is so rotten...
  3. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Jessica - Mornings are the worst for me. When I wake up my feet hurt so bad I can hardly stand up on my feet and my whole body just aches so bad.

I can hardly write or even hold my cell phone anymore because of the pain.

I take oxycodone and recently started taking hydrocodone again for pain and I use klonopin for anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon!
    carolin
  4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I have to tell you that I can't remember a morning that I have fealt good.

All I can do is look forward to the days that hurt less. It is especially taxing when I have to get the kids off to school & significant other off to work. Period. I can't wait until the house is empty.

I refer to it as the pain of the day. I never know where or how much pain I will have. I just know I will have it.

I sound like a good mother don't I? No, I'm a dude. Wife had to get a job when I got so bad that I couldn't work.
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I think most of us can relate to this. I work part-time and haven't had to call in sick, but yesterday I was in so much pain when I woke up, that I just couldn't go to work. The weather definitely affects me, too.

One thing that has helped me, is using a pillow either under my legs or between them depending on how I am laying. I also invested in the most comfortable mattress I could find. I also prefer the foam pillows.

I am to the point that I need narcotics to reduce my pain levels. I have been on Kadian (morphine) for two and a half years now. I am on a low dose, but unfortunately, I am feeling the need to have the dosage increased. The problem with that are the side effects. For me, nausea has been a problem with the Kadian. I sometimes have days when I feel queasy and once in awhile, I actually have to make a mad dash to the bathroom.

I have been on other pain meds like Naprosyn and Ultracet, but they didn't really do anything for me.

Ellen
  6. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

can hardly move, feet are stiff and have to get up on all fours first, than slowly into the kitchen, like a hundred year old lady. after the hot cup of tea, it is usually getting better.
    take care everyone
    karina

[ advertisement ]