Walk In Tubs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teacher, Mar 4, 2012.

1. teacher

teacher New Member

I am thinking about saving up to remodel my bathroom.

I keep seeing advertisements for the walk in tubs and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

I don't care for showers and it's more than a notion to try to get in and out of the tub these days.

I'd also like to know if they are very expensive.

Thanks!

Teacher
  2. Toga

Toga Member

but I wonder about getting out. It seems to me that you would have to wait for all the water to drain out before you can open the door. I think I would really get cold.

Is there anyone out there that has had experience with them and knows how his problem is solved.

Toga
  3. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Will Rogers. All I know is the ad I keep seeing in the papers.

Actually it's on the back of a crossword magazine. Shows a handsome
    guy who looks like a distinguished actor standing by a tub that looks
    like white vat with a door in it.

It's probably like most stuff nowadays. Too pricey for me.

Hope you can get some better info, Toga.

Rock
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I see where one company is offering a $1,500 rebate, so expect pricey on these.

I'm not endorsing any company, but one company gives you a list of things to look for and the list (below) sounds reasonable to me and may be a guide to help you in searching: http://www.thesafesteptub.com/phoenix/walk-in-tubs
  5. teacher

teacher New Member

I hand't thought about the entry/exit wait time. That could be interesting.

Maybe I'll look at a tub that's set a little higher? or something along that line?

A $1,500 REBATE sounds totally ridculous!

teacher
  6. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I had not thought about the waiting time of filling and empting the tub either. But my cousin brought it up and I thought about how long it takes for my tub to fill now and that is about 10 minutes or so and then to empty about the same and if you were stuck inside the tub you would need a towel or robe to stay warm. So I vote don't buy it.

I hate being cold and as comfy as it looks with all the bubbles of the jets I know I would be very cold before I could open the door and get out after all the water drained out. So as nice as it looks I won't be getting one ever.
    Don't own my house.

HUGs Rosemarie
  7. teacher

teacher New Member

It's about $3,000 UNINSTALLED!!!!!!!!

I WILL NOT BE BUYING ONE OF THOSES!!!!!!

<ahem>

Sorry about all the yelling. Who needs a $3,000 unistalled tub??????

Anyway.

Adding a tub chair to the tub I have is not an option. It's already a tight squeeze and a chair would make bathing impossible.

Grab bars are a good idea for any renovation.

I'm after the ease of getting in and getting out. What I have is really low. It makes sense if you're short like the previous owner, but I'm taller. The thought of getting into and out of that tub is more than I can handle some days.

I've seen it once and I guess I'll have to do some research to see if I can find it, but I've seen a tub that sat a little higher and had steps in. Maybe that's what I should look into.
  8. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I have a friend who just had 1 put in for her father. She said they fill and empty really fast. But guess how much!!!!!$12,000.00. I guessed $8,000.00. I wontbe getting 1 unless I win the lottery. Love gail
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I have looked at those ads over and over but questions arise! How do you get out of the slippery floor?I have to have hot, hot water or elser I freeze and would make the gas meter go round and round and round!

I have a bath stool that mu hubby8 used for years (he as an amputee) so I use it. Sometimes the shower head is not aimed the right way so IO have to lean into it, especially if I have had company! But it is the only way I can shower. And I would never, never try to stand in the shower.
  10. gibbs11

gibbs11 Member

Well since you are re modelling your space walk in tub is quite good option as you thought about. Many companies like Safeguard Tubs are showcasing their ads about the variety of products they are offering for the consumers. Even you can check it out !!
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yelling? Who is yelling?

All I know is what Stephen Colbert said about them, "Now Grandam can sit comfortably in her own filth while it drains."

Love, Mikie
  12. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Kids

I was gonna post a comment, but I see I already posted it two years ago. Gee, so many
    posters I used to chat with. Not here anymore.

I looked at Youtube. There are pages of walk in tub videos there. Couldn't find any that
    show people getting in or out or answer the questions raised above except for one ad
    that said the tub drained in 80 seconds. That was because it had two drains instead of
    the usual one drain.

A plumbing company commented. It said they would sell and install the tub for
    $8,000. And Pat Boone recommends one brand. Pat doesn't look as good as he
    used to. On the other hand, he's 6 year's younger than I and looks a heckofa lot
    better. One of our greatest baritones.

I will leave you on that happy note.

Rock

BTW, when you get outta the tub, be sure and pat yourself dry.
  13. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Anybody else think Caryjo works for Safeguard Tubs? I wonder what "try them out" means.
    Visit their showroom and take a bath? Even Lady Godiva didn't do that.

Rock
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Rock, and everyone else, that post was removed as spam. If you see an embedded link in blue, please do not click on it. Most are likely safe but it could lead to malware and a vicious virus on your computer. As I remove these spam posts, one thing stands out--usually they are the only posts the users post. These guys must Google their brand names, and associated words, and go to those sites to place their spam.

My sincere thanks to everyone who reports these spammers.

Love, Mikie
  15. I also thought of getting one of these tubs..... iI called a company i saw on line just to get an idea of how much we are talking about.......When then said they currently were offering a $2500.00 rebate, I knew it was out of my range... They even sent me info but no price.. I'm just guessing it would be about 10,000.00 give or take a thousand...... That answered it for me... No walk in tub. I,m glad some of you commented on getting in and out... HUM....I hadn't even thought about that.