Walking Cane Seat Has anyone tried one?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoenixrising2, Jun 6, 2006.

1. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

As we all do, I have trouble standing for very long. I have been looking on the internet at some walking canes that fold out into a seat. Some of them are called sport seats. I thought this might be a big help for me when I go out, as I am always looking for a place to sit. I thought it might be a good idea to take my seat with me.

I would like to get anyone's opinion if they have bought one. Are they easy to carry? How does the seat hold up? Are they worth buying? Any info is appreciated!

Hugs,

Phoenix
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

QVC use to sell them ,Im not sure if they still do.

Something interesting about them is You know those Dancers in New York The ones that are all the same size and long legs,they are in the holiday parades and dance in a row?I just can't think of their name.The Rocketts ,sorry if thats not spelled right.I knew I'd remember LOL

Oh well anyhow they were invented for them because they stand so long in parades.Then the public noticed them and started requesting where they could buy them.So they were put on the market for people who wanted them.
    I visited QVC and saw one they told me this story.

I hope it works for you .It did look like it was made well.
  3. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

Phoenix,

My folks live in Scottsdale and they have some. They are wonderful!!!! Use them all the time, they are light and easy to tote around. I use them when I go visit and we go touristing.
    Went out to the Renaisance (I know that's spelled wrong) Festival last year and they were a life saver. They have had theirs about 6 or 7 years now. They travel alot and use them often.

Dad got theirs at a garage sale. I have looked for them and can't find them....where did you??

Maia
  4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

at target.com for 26.99

Linda
  5. phoenixrising2

Carebelle,

What an interesting story about them being invented for the Rockettes! They must work if they use them.

I went to QVC and the only ones they had didn't look like the ones I had seen on the internet. I would also like to see it folded up for a cane and it didn't show that. I will have to check further. Thanks for the info.

Maia,

Hey, I'm a Texas girl, too!

Glad to hear they are so helpful to your folks. That's what I need, something to use when I go to some event and there is no place to sit. I wish I could find one in a garage sale. It doesn't help that I rarely go to garage sales. LOL

To find the info on them, I put "walking cane seat" in the search engine and came up with several. They range from about $24.95 to in the $50's. One has a smiley face on it. I thought that was rather cute.

Thanks to both of you for the information. It helped!

Hugs,
    Phoenix
  6. phoenixrising2

That's a site I hadn't seen.