Walking like a Duck from the Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Jun 2, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Anyone else find that you kind of walk funny cause you're in so much pain? I didn't even realize how much till I just saw myself on the building's security monitor. And it was like waddling. My feet and lower back hurt alot today. I'm just dying. Always nice to know the entire building can watch me waddling :p And the weight gain looks bad on camera. What this disease does to our bodies is criminal.
  2. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

That's a great description! I'm always waddling as my feet always hurt and the rest of me is in the usual pain. I feel like I weigh 700 lbs!
  3. ironspine

ironspine New Member

I'm only 48 and I've been so stiff from fibro and spinal fusion that I've been walking funny too..I've also had to buy shoes with low or no heels which is really different for me. I always wore wedges or high heels when I was younger. And, ya know, I don't really care anymore what people think. If they don't like it they don't have to watch!!
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Yeah, I have to walk slow, too. And no one seems to understand that. Anytime I'm out with a friend, they walk really fast, and I can't. And they just don't get it that I can't go that fast. And I've had them make stupid comments that it's all the extra weight I'm carrying. Um, no, could it possibly be the PAIN or the fact that I just plain don't have the energy in my body? No one understands.
  5. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Have you ever considered going to a reputable chiropractor?
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I can relate to the waddle! I'm always in SO much pain from the waist down to the feet...I'm sure I have many "walks" LOL

I know what you mean about people looking at you because you walk slow. I do too! I notice I have to pull on my bf's hand sometimes to remind him I can't walk as fast as he!

I feel like I weigh 700 pounds also!
  7. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

My lower back, tailbone, feet and legs hurt also more in the afternoon! I use a cane to help me but it is a pretty cane!

I waddle also. I see myself in the window of our postoffice and it is a shame. One leg goes norht, the other south and I lean sover some as it is too painful to stand up straight.

Oh my, i am so much older than rest of you so I have an excuse ----I'm afraid that you don't. So sorry!

Gentle Hugs,

8. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Chiro can't help with this. It's severe advanced lyme arthritis and CFIDS nerve cell pain and Fibro. Although I think the pain in the feet is something to do with POTS/NMH. All I know is, it's screaming pain and about the only thing that would help is heavy narcs, but I can't take them because I'm the only one left alive now, and I have to be straight and sober to drive or pay my bills. So I end up suffering. It's awful.
  9. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I know I walk much more hunched over, and like you say, almost waddling from side to side. On top of that I'm pigeon toed...pretty cute.

Oh well....I'm still above ground!

10. terrisews

terrisews New Member

I can relate to the many different walks we have, the stiff walk, the waddle, the My feet are balloons walk. Lately my favorite remedy to having to walk far are the electric wheelchairs at Walmart - you can fly in those!

Terri in TN
  11. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I've had every symptom that's been talked about on this board. Every single one is caused by a mineral deficiency. I had gotten a lot better with supplements. I'm now being treated by a highly trained chiropractor. Two weeks ago I was in an extreme amount of pain. Now the pain and the rst of my symptoms are almost completely gone.
  12. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

my walk as my Frosty the Snowman walk! Thumpity, Thump, Thump.

13. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

was just hinking that the other night when I got up and said to my husband I have a nice waddle going here!!!! Just like a duck!!!!!

I have FM though although i wonder if its not CFS, guess its very interchangble hey!!!!

miles of smiles with awaddle