walking like I have MS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jodboga, Feb 19, 2009.

1. jodboga

jodboga New Member

Does anyone walk like this? I have RA,OA, FM and the walking is killing me. Both my knees are gone and now my ankles hurt so bad its hard to walk. I'm in so much pain I don't want to get out of bed but someone has to wait on my 2 teenagers...lol not really funny because I just can't do it anymore and they don't seem to get it. My husband bought me a used Jazzy to help me around the bottom floor of our home but I still have steps to climb to get up to the bedrooms.
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I started taking Oxynorm two weeks ago.

I couldnt get out of bed, the pain was dreadful and my body was so weak.

I was hesitant to start these painkillers because of their reputation, because they are so strong but I was at the end of my tether. The last 2 -3 years I've been mostly housebound and more in bed than out - 24 days in bed in January (I started keeping a count a year ago).

I have been getting up, getting dressed and pottering about the house on most days since I started - I have been out more in the last 2 weeks than in the past 3 months.

I am not cured, I still feel the pain underneath but believe me the difference is incredible.

I dont know if you have tried painmeds or not but this is whats happened to me. I know that I might have to stop taking them after a certain amount of time then restart because I will become intolerant of them (they wont work so well) but I am prepared to do whatever.

I have some of my life back.

Remember if you are against painkillers that painkillers do NOT become addictive if you take them for pain - its when you have no pain and take them for recreation that they become addictive.

Good luck.

3. jodboga

jodboga New Member

thanks for your reply, my doctor refuses to do knee replacements because I have huge fat pads on the insides of my knees , he said they are from the fibro and knee replacements would make my knees worse . I am going for a second opinion next week . My husband works at IBM and now is not a good time to be selling or buying a home with layoffs every 3 months. i dream of the day we can live in a one story house again . We did until 7 yrs ago , that is when I started getting worse. I don't know how old your father is but I can only imagine most days he wishes he didn't have to get out of bed to walk it hurts so bad .
  4. jodboga

jodboga New Member

Thanks for your reply . I am not against taking anything if it helps with the pain. About 5 yrs ago my doctor gave me oxycodone and it helped but then suddenly he stopped and gave me vicodin , it doesn't quite cut it . I also take neurontin and 800 mgs of skelaxin ....nothing is helping. Thanks for telling me about oxynorm I'm going to mention that one to the doc to see if I can take it .
  5. I HEAR YOU! I also feel the same way. Its so painful to walk, I try to go to stores but OMG, then it throws my hips off and they hurt so bad. Getting out of a chair is hard . It doesn't help I have arthritis in my feet. I AM getting my knee replaced and wish I would have done it months ago.

I really wonder if fibro is second to arthritis my knees are gone, my feet, and a bad neck and back. Good luck.