Walmart refuses vouchers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear All,
    I heard on the news yesterday that Walmart was refusing FEMA vouchers, and would only take those from the Red Cross. This enfuriates me! I can't see a single reason for this.

I'm going to call my local Walmart and let them know that I won't shop there until I hear that this situation is remedied.

What a slap in the face to the very people that keep Walmart alive! It's the poor and middle class people, who shop at Walmart. Rich people wouldn't think of it. What a way to treat your customers. I thought Walmart was supposed to be a Christian company?????

Terry

2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thanks for the info. There are so many practices that I disagree with Walmart. Now this. How horrid. They portray being such 'good neighbors' to the community.. Hypocrites!

Shame on them. I use Walmart only if I have absolutely have to. No offense to those who frequent. Just my own feelings.

The Federal Govt. should intercede on this one.

Kim
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I thought I heard on TV where Wal-Mart gave one million dollars to the hurricane relief.

Then to turn around and not honor FEMA vouchers?????????????

This does not make sense. They would just be re-cooping some of their money donated from the purchases of those using FEMA vouchers.

????????????????????????????????????

Janet
  4. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

Has anyone read about what's going on with FEMA right now?

Apparently, they are going under. The Department of Homeland Security is going to be taking over and dismantling FEMA.

There was a huge article in the paper before the storm hit about all the reasons we need to save FEMA. Mostly because the DHS doesn't have disaster relief in it's arsenal. If they do away with FEMA we won't have Emergency Management.

After this cluster @#$%^& in New Orleans can anyone think of a good reason to keep FEMA around? If FEMA is going to go under maybe their vouchers will go with them. Just a thought.

BTW - I'm so not sticking up for Walmart here. The company lives for $$$$$.
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

There are many reasons I hate Walmart, and this I will add to my list
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Buttholes, I say! (My son says this sometimes, it is perfectly in place here!)
  7. kbak

kbak Member

is to quit shopping there. There is power in numbers. Wal-mart has a long history of doing outrageous things. Don't reward them with your shopping dollars.
  8. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

This is the information given on WalMart's website:

"Stores in affected areas are accepting vouchers from the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, and FEMA."

I don't know if the original news report was an error or if they responded to pressure.

Jan
  9. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

boycott everything we don't agree with. Re: gas stations and gas companies?
  10. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

I don't know what it is exactly, but I don't like Walmart as I have a sense of some behind the scenes sneakiness about them. Sorry if there are any Walmart employees out there.

In any event, what they are doing now is outrageous. I wouldn't shop there for anything. They need to be boycotted!!

Francey
  11. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

If FEMA is notorious for not paying, then I can understand Walmart, but I can't understand the government letting FEMA give out the vouchers in the first place. There is something wrong somewhere.

Also, if the TV eport was in error, maybe someone should have corrected it by now. Where is their P.R. person?

I think it all comes down to the almighty dollar, and of course, politics. What a shame.

Terry
  12. jenemc

jenemc New Member

I heard that when Walmart sent trucks down there with water that FEMA turned them aways saying they didn't need the water.

ALso FEMA is going to be invisigated for everything that has happened with Hurricane Katrina and the way things were and are being handled there.

jennie
  13. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I really, really dislike Walmart. I have heard so many terrible stories about them that if a store could be evil, it would be Walmart.

I wish I was not hurting for money or I would not shop there ever.