WAMPS and everyone who replied to me about Reiki

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoebe1, Sep 25, 2005.

1. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I went for my 1st reiki treatment on saturday, the guy is a wonderful person and made some very interesting observations.
    After the treatment he said to me that I worry too much, suffer a lot from headaches (couldn't have been more spot on!) and that I should stop comparing myself to other people, which after I thought about it for a while I realised that I do it sometimes.

He also put alot of emphasis on what a beautiful being I am and that I have so much potential and so much love and so much to give to humanity, but that I don't know how to express myself all the time.
    I guess they say that to everybody, but I still thought it was nice of him.
    I asked him how he knew, and he said that he can "pick up" on things and that he can see my inner beauty, and that he just knows some things.

I didn't feel any different or better after the treatment, but he did give me a lot to think about and I will definitely be going back, and also attending some of the courses he presents.
    I just wanted to let you guys know how it went!

Love
    Phoebe
  2. revlcb

revlcb New Member

As a Reiki Master, and Psychic Medium, I've been trained in both modalities. But, if your appt. is for Reiki, and the person who does Reiki on you is not a certified Medium (and asks you if it's ok with you to pick up spiritual messages), then he was invading your privacy!

Also, as Wamps stated. After your appt. you should have left feeling extremely relaxed and/or cleansed. "I didn't feel any different or better after the treatment" says to me that he didn't do a very good healing on you. It may be that he's not yet been initiated into the higher levels of Reiki. This is not a bad thing, as lower levels of Reiki can be given for the benefit of others but, it's just not as powerful, IMHO. He also may not have the experience behind him, thus not connecting with the energy to it's fullest potential.

Don't get me wrong, Phoebe. Anyone with Reiki training, with the certificates to prove it, is able to give Reiki healing. Reiki can and does heal emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical issues...I've seen it work many times, with and without the aid of conventional and/or homeopathic/naturopathic medicine. If you're satisfied with the physical healing you received, then go for it. I suppose that's what ultimately matters in the end, isn't it?

Blessings ~ Lisa

3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Phoebe,
    I agree with WAMPS and others. I am a Reiki master and I know that , while some peole may not feel warmth during the treatment, I have never heard of anyone who didn't feel relaxed afterward. In fact, many people fall asleep. I even know of people who were "scared' and very tense, and even they relaxed.

It sounds like you were getting a "pitch", and I know of no one in my training who would have spoken to you like that. Usually people don't mix Reiki with anything else, but keep it simple. We are taught exactly how to do it, and our job is to get out of the way of the Universal Force (God, if you prefer) and let It do It's work, not to pad the experience with chatter and complememts. The atmosphere is suposed to be friendly and totally professional.

It can be supportive, but the way you describe it. It sounds like the person is putting more energy into manipulating your emotions, than in trusting the power of God to do, (or not do), its work. In fact, the practitioner is supposed to consciously let go of the outcome of the treatment. Sometimes gettng better is not what it's all about.

Good luck in finding someone else, and in feeling better.

Big Hugs,
    Terry
  4. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I was a bit surprised at all of your responses, wow I feel so gullible, am I really that naive?
    I'm glad I've got you guys, I honestly thought this person was really nice. While he was doing the reiki, I struggled to let go of all the thoughts jumping around in my head (like always).
    He said that when a thought comes into my head I must say "thank you and good-bye" and if it is important I will remind myself to think about it later, and that I musn't beat myself up about not being able to get a clear head.

I don't know if he is a medium, maybe he just meant that he thought I was a nice person? He said I must go do something that I've always wanted to do, I then said I've always been interested in alternative healing and that I would like to attend one of his courses.

He then mentioned in the conversation (after I questioned him about how he knows things) that he "picks up" on things, but that he's not reading my mind or anything and then said something about being able to see his guides, called it a beautiful angel I think. He wasn't seeing it at that moment, but said that he can sometimes.
    Thank you for all the good advice!

Phoebe
  5. revlcb

revlcb New Member

Phoebe, this comment "and that I would like to attend one of his courses" would have sent me running.

I'm sorry that someone who was intrusted to your care, treated you in this manner. Yes, maybe he was seeing one of your guides or your angels, but if he was thinking clearly, he would have taken it as a sign that you were being protected...from what or whom, may I ask?

As Wamps said earlier, please give Reiki another try. I am the ultimate skeptic. If I don't believe something works I'll say it. Many health care faciities are now using Reiki (some call it Healing Touch). There must be something to it as modern medicine in now using it.

Good luck in your search, dear.

God Bless ~ Lisa
  6. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I agree with Wamps and revlcb. I'm a Reiki Master and I'm also psychic. Many people want to know what you "pick up" on them, but others don't.And a Reiki session is not about getting a reading.

You should have come away with an extremely peaceful, relaxed and centered feeling.

Try another therapist. Not that he may not be any good, but as with any therapy, massage, etc, you need a perfect fit, someone your energy really connects with. ANd yes, some therapists are better than others, as in anything.

[This Message was Edited on 09/27/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/27/2005]