Wanna see what I've been working on?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pasara, Nov 11, 2008.

1. pasara

pasara New Member

Hi Everybody.
    I am planning on having a booth at a holiday fair at the school where I used to work. I will be selling my paintings and cards I made from them. I just updated my art page on my webpage if you want to see and read about some of the art I have been doing lately. It is at www.freewebs.com/pasaracuchillo then click on recent works. Hope you like it!
    - pasara
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Wow Pasara, your work is beautiful and so is your website. I read what happened to you and how they treated you and sent you home after that horrible day.

Keep up the good work because it is beautiful.

thanks for sharing.

3. jole

jole Member

I'm really not very informed on water colors or what it entails, but I do know you have a few there that I would love to have! Thanks for posting! ****Jole****
  4. Juloo

Juloo Member

I'm really impressed at your creative production...I've been 'meaning to' get *something* off the ground. So many projects, but so little focus for it. I design our family's Christmas card, but this year, I'm out of it. Got scads of fabric for a quilt I've been wanting to start, but...etc.

Are you getting enough sunlight lately? I see by your bio that you're all the way up there in Minnesota (?). Is it winter there now? Grey days and such?
  5. pasara

pasara New Member

thanks for your encouragement friends. i go up and down in my confidence about doing this. putting yourself "out there" is a little scary. i mostly have been doing small watercolors because i did not have the strength for much else. my husband set up a small art area for me so that i could leave my things out all the time and then work a little bit here and there as my strength allowed. before then (because we live in a fairly small apartment) i would use all my energy just getting my paints out and setting up my easel, so i wouldn't be able to get any actual painting time in, i would be exhausted already. made a huge difference. i would meditate on the paintings between working times, which might be days apart, and when i'd go back to it i'd often know what i wanted to do because i had "painted" it already in my head.

jamin, i had a very hard time with depression for a while and was unable to do any art at all during that time. what helped me? i started taking St John's Wort for one. i also though - and this was huge - went on a retreat to my favorite beach in mexico. you can read about that on the home page of my website if you like. getting out of the city, into a natural setting, no electricity, no stress, lots of sunshine, and the turquoise of the caribbean. i left family and doctors behind and spent two weeks by myself. almost all my symptoms were in remission while there. i had a friend who lives down there that helped me get all set up and the staff where i was staying was very helpful. the friend checked on my every couple days and helped me get anything i needed. on my last day i even went snorkeling on the reef. the guy who usually takes groups out in the boat took me after hours on my own and held my hand the whole time, helping me to swim. it was wonderful! the previous year the CFS was so bad often bedridden, and usually homebound, so doing this was a big coordinated effort with some risks, but paid off tremendously. medicine for the soul.

juloo - sun is something in short supply this time of year around here, but until just a couple days ago we had really beautiful fall weather, in the sixties, sunny, etc. lovely. the last couple days we've had the pleasure of enduring what they like to call a "wintry mix", a grand understated euphemism for really crappy weather: sleet, snow, freezing rain all thrown in together. I have to admit though, since there is a certain novelty to this storm, being the beginning of the season, I am kind of enjoying it,t he hunkering down. It's only November though, so I know it's going to get real old real fast. As far as sunshine though, i make a conscious effort to get outside in the fresh air and sun daily.

Glad you enjoyed the paintings. When i get my pastels up i'll let you know. They are very bold, so a different feel. hope you all can find some time to pursue your own creative endeavors.