Want to curl up Under the bed!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Oct 28, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Hey all

Sorry that it seems all I do is posts whines, but here goes another one, of a personal nature.

I am cramping SO bad right now I can hardly stand it. I know that the cyst that was found months ago is probably the culprit, but that doesn't help the pain. I think this is the worse I have ever been and I'm at a loss.

Excessive bleeding, clots (sorry for the graphics) and cramping. God, will it ever end?

Yeah, I know. Call the doctor. But as some of you know, I can't run the risk of being put in the hospital. I am basically a "single mom" all over again since hubby is working out of town. No family here. Would he come home? Doubt it. Sorry, but that's the picture and it ain't pretty.

So, here I am, hugging the heating pad, knowing that I HAVE to go out sometime today to the grocery store. But wondering, what does one wear that doesn't "show leakage"? Hmmmm!

Well, again, so sorry for the extreme graphics, but I just KNOW that SOMEONE here knows what I'm going through.

When you can't call a doctor, go to your support group.

Tag, you're it!

Crawling back under my bed.
    Kathy
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Hey all

Sorry that it seems all I do is posts whines, but here goes another one, of a personal nature.

I am cramping SO bad right now I can hardly stand it. I know that the cyst that was found months ago is probably the culprit, but that doesn't help the pain. I think this is the worse I have ever been and I'm at a loss.

Excessive bleeding, clots (sorry for the graphics) and cramping. God, will it ever end?

Yeah, I know. Call the doctor. But as some of you know, I can't run the risk of being put in the hospital. I am basically a "single mom" all over again since hubby is working out of town. No family here. Would he come home? Doubt it. Sorry, but that's the picture and it ain't pretty.

So, here I am, hugging the heating pad, knowing that I HAVE to go out sometime today to the grocery store. But wondering, what does one wear that doesn't "show leakage"? Hmmmm!

Well, again, so sorry for the extreme graphics, but I just KNOW that SOMEONE here knows what I'm going through.

When you can't call a doctor, go to your support group.

Tag, you're it!

Crawling back under my bed.
    Kathy
  3. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Thanks for your concern. NO, I can't call my husband. First off, he's 5 hours away, and second off, the first thing out of his mouth would be "Well, I can't help you" or the ever reliable "What do you want me to do?". Let's face it. When asked those questions, you really DON'T want to "impose" on unwanted help! Maybe I'm stubborn, what am I saying, I KNOW I am, but I refuse to beg! So, there it is.

I'll call the doctor if I don't start seeing some relief by this afternoon. I promise.

But, thank you for your post. You made me cry. It's nice knowing that people DO really care!

Hugs
    Kathy
  4. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

I am so sorry - I have had SEVERE Crohns along w/ SEVERE menstral cramping, so many times - I sit htere and beg God to stop the pain.

Do you have a market w/ a website like Albertsons or Pavalions where you can place your order and go pick it up or have it delivered. At Albertsons it's $5 more where I live.

I sympathize, believe me!
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Its' been a few hours since you posted , early this morning. I hope you had some motrin or muscle relaxers to take, as Sandy suggested, and that you are finding some relief. Blondies idea of internet shopping was a great one!
    I have had the excessive flow that you speak of. The only way I could go out in public, and not fear embarrassment, was to wear a diaper. The adult kind I found were quite unsatisfactory (too hard to put on by oneself, and really crinkle and make noise when you walk). But one day in desperation, I tried one of my grandkids diapers. Surprisingly enough, with no attachment, they stay put. I just put it against my underwear, pulled them up, and flared the front and the back out after they were up. Then I wear a long shirt that covers my tush...just to be sure, its unseen. It really works unbelievably. There was no way I could go out with just a pad on. I even bean to wear these at home , during periods, as it gets old, changing clothes so often during the day.
    Finally after bleeding like this for years, I made an appt. to see a gyn, about 2 1/2 months ago. He gave me a prescription for depo provera (sp?) taking 1 tablet daily, for 10 days, when period first starts. No kidding--by the second period, I had a normal one....I never thought having a period, could be so maintenance free, lol! Don't know if this would work in your case, as my bleeding wasnt caused by a cyst.
    Ok Kathy, now its your turn to help me out *wink* give me a boost up on that refrigerator---since I just confessed to everyone...that I wear diapers...lol!
    Hope you are feeling much better--write back this afternoon and let us know.
    Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 10/29/2002]
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

You should see a doctor. You`re going to get anemic if you keep bleeding so heavy. It doesn`t take long, you might already be. I used to bleed really heavy,one day of every period. I got very anemic, my blood count got dowm to 8. It can be very dangerousplus this is going to make you feel even worse.
    We`ve got enough to deal with, right?!

LOve,Sandyz
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Sorry you are so miserable! PLEASE call your doctor. I just had a large, painful cyst removed ( after heavy bleeding between my periods) by outpatient laparoscopy-- you'd only be in an outpatient surgery center for half a day, then home to rest & recover. Many cysts can be taken care of this way, without any lengthy hospitalization. I urge you to check this out, before you have even worse problems to deal with, not to mention even more pain for days on end. Good luck and please don't let this go on & on, early intervention may be the key to getting past this!

Hugs & hope you feel better,
    Pam
  8. pamela

pamela New Member

I just hope your okay this morning. I know first hand what it's like to cramp and bleed like that. I would take the other girls advice that posted back to you. I had a ovarian cyst removed when I was 15 and it was the size of a grapefruit the doc. said. I just wanted also to ask you about the guy you married. What's up w/ him? He sounds like my 2 ex's. They did not care one way or another and actually left me there to die on the couch when I was sick. What jerks. I got the same reponses you say you get. Where did you meet this guy? Why did you marry him? I'm just curious, I guess he's got something that attracted you to him but why is he so not caring? My last 2 were just selfish and out for them selves. I hope he treats you good when he returns from being gone. Just curious. Please write me and talk if you want. I hope you get feeling better!!!! Pamela