Want to exchange emails??? :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by EgyptStarr, Dec 8, 2005.

1. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

For those of us wanting to exchange email addresses, the only way I can think of doing it is to try to set up times when we can be online and get in the ProHealth chat room at the same time. We can do it there, I think.....

I'm not really sure.... the rules for the chat say not to do this, but if only 2 people are in there at a time, or if we can figure out how to use the private chat feature from there, maybe it's ok......

Someone please let me know if this is allowed, for those of you who know.....

Hugs!
    Starr
  2. jennypee

jennypee New Member

I'd like to have email pals-- where do I sign up? I get so bored & lonely sometimes, being stuck at home all day.
  3. Remnant

Remnant New Member

There are board systems that allow for Private Message exchange. Maybe the board will be updated before long. I use 1 other board unrelated to health and it's an awesome board, very easy and allows chat and PM (private emails)
  4. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

using yahoo or msn instant messaging work for those of you that want to chat? Then you could exchange emails as well..Just be on one or the other site at the same time, & use your siggy name to invite one another to join..I think that's the way my friend & I did it.

just a suggestion;
    Fifth

5. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

for the info! It is much appreciated!

I was hoping a moderator would reply to this thread... so glad you saw me!

:)

Hugs!
    Starr

p.s. Boy, do I feel rude..... Thank You to everyone else who responded, too! ((blushing))[This Message was Edited on 12/09/2005]
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Aralia_us, I noticed on your profile that you have been able to remove your previous posts, only the latest one is up. How do you remove them? Just curious. Sorry!
  7. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Many thanks, Carlene! Thanks for this board too, it has been a life saver!!!
  8. shelbo

shelbo New Member

personal only to one or two (instead of clogging up the board) without having to go to the chatroom where you may or may not bump into eachother.

I go to another board called makeupalley and they have a feature called a pager (everyone has an MUA pager of their own) which you can switch on or off according to whether or not you want to be contacted. This allows people to be unreachable when they are not in the mood for one-to-one chat and just want to pop into the board.

I think what happens on makeupalley is you submit your e-mail when you join but it remains unknown to any one who wants to contact you. Any one who wants to contact you can do so by paging you..the paged message goes to your own account (which is free) on the board and is also copied to your own personal e-mail. During no time are e-mail addresses shared. And people can contact you or not according to whether your pager is on or off. You don't have to be bothered when you don't want to. Am I making sense? :)

If this could be done here it'd be absolutely great, I think!

Maybe if it's not too much work, the moderators could work out something similar here. Who knows?

Love Shelbo