Want to give up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chantress, Feb 27, 2007.

1. chantress

chantress New Member

I am trying to stay sane but all this pain every day has taken the best of me. I need something to break this frame of mind I am in. I don't know what to do so I'm asking for advice on how to releave this pressure of giving up off of me. Please share what ever you can Thank You! friend in need
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Oh I know the feeling. I think everyone here has felt that way. I am sooo sorry you are feeling like this.

Trying to change your frame of mind can be difficult. I am glad that you are looking at it that way though. I think you will be able to get out of this state of mind because you have the right attitude.

Here are some things off the top of my head that you can try:

-prayer (if you are religious)
    -meditation
    -yoga (if you can)
    -positive affirmations
    -laugh as much as possible (watch funny movies or anything that makes you laugh)
    -read positive uplifting books
    -talk to a therapist
    -get supplements or meds that help lift your mood
    -relax as often as possible
    -drink some nice relaxing herbal tea
    -find new pain meds that work better (if there are any)
    -find something you LOVE doing to try and take your mind off of the pain
    -talk to us and vent all of your frustrations here

Ok so that is all I have at the moment. Sorry if I am not much help. If all else fails just know that we are here for you and we understand how you feel.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Don't give up!

Take Care,
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2007]
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Yes ... this crap is painful and emotionally draining (and it is draining my nearly empty pockets too).

Put yourself first. If someone complains about a mess or needing clean shirts ... tell THEM to clean it up or how to use the washing machine. ;-) I find heat really helps me. I just got a new heating pad (extra long) with moist heat and I have some of the buckwheat hull or whatever thingies that you zap in the micro-wave. Take baby steps ... don't overdo. Do you take any meds?

4. momof471

momof471 New Member

Unfortunately this is something I think alot of us deal with. Its hard living with pain day in and day out. I agree to find something you enjoy doing to take your mind off of things. I know that's even hard to do sometimes. I like to go to the Y when I can and get in the pool in the warm water and it feels fantastic! The pain goes away for just awhile. Plus it loosens you up some. When having really bad days try to remember that a good day will come at some point and you will feel a little relief. Enjoy the good days and don't knock yourself out on these. Just enjoy it.

God Bless
  5. bluewing

bluewing New Member

You're not alone! I'm at the same place you are right now, and I took something for pain, went to bed and tried to hang on. It's not the "misery love company" thing...I always thought I was the only one in the world to feel like I do. Now, that I know I'm not I can try my hardest to hang on...with my friends! We will pray that help is on the way!!!