Want to hear something funny

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

The other day I decided to make Indian food for dinner and I have a great recipe for the Indian flat bread called "Naan". I prepared the dough and left it in the bowl for 1 1/2 hours. Then I removed the dough and divided it into 4 pieces, shaped pieces into 4 balls and placed in the bowl covered with plastic wrap and put the bowl back in the oven, which was off.

I went to take a nap and when I woke up I was a bit disoriented and started to prepare the food (sorry this is getting so long). I had already made the brown rice, so I just needed to finish the bread and make the main dish.

While I made the main dish I turned the oven up to 425degrees to heat up the "bread stone" which was in the oven. After a few minutes I started to smell something really yummy and then I decided to turn on the oven light.

Yep, you guessed it, I had forgotten to take the bowl out of the oven with the rising bread dough in it.

So, instead of flat bread to go with our Indian Meal, we had big fat round dinner rolls. The plastic wrap just disintegrated. The rolls were very delicious.

The moral of the story is....check the oven before you turn it on.

Oh, people, the joys of FIBROFOG!!!
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

4 years ago @ Christmas we were at my mothers and she had put a turkey in an electric roaster. She checked it when it should have been done but it was not.

She forgot to turn the roaster on! Needless to say we had to run to the deli at the grocery store (thank goodness they were open) and bought prepared ham:)

I bet your "rolls" were good!

Kelly
  3. 1horse

1horse New Member

That is very funny. been thaere and done that,just not with indian bread.. hugs peggy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/08/2006]
  4. bphayes

bphayes New Member

more and more i am noticing things about myself that is affected by the cfs and fibro....i do that ALL the time. i am horrible at dates. i am having gallbladder surgery tomorrow and i went in for my pre-op appt and she was asking me all these questions about prior surgeries, i couldn't remember the dates....i laughed it off. you really have to have a sense of humor to deal with this crap. billie