Want to laugh at my fibro fog moment?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Feb 20, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I have been cleaning today and doing those mundane chores. I went to make aa snack batch of Betty Crocker chocloate chip cookies and do not look at the bag because I know it is a 1/4 butter and tlbsp of water.

I did notice it was a little dryer than usual and added a tad bit of water. Plopped them on the cookie sheet and got my usual 9 out of the batch, licked the bowl, hhm good, put them in the oven and set the timer and go about my business.

Timer goes off and when I opened the door they were the same shape as when I put them in. Then it dawned in me, I grabbed a bag of chocolate chip muffin mix which uses 1/2 milk.

They aren't that bad but did get them a little too done on the bottom because I had to let them bake a few extra minutes.

That was my fibro moment today-Carla
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

With all you've gone through lately, at least you remembered to turn the oven on!!!

3. PBandJ

PBandJ New Member

Chocolate is chocolate, no matter what form!
    Just peel the bottoms off and give to the birdies outside, and eat the muffin cookies!!

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

has a good point. Hope you remembered to turn the oven off.

5. ckball

ckball New Member

Nancy, loved your comment-you are so right

Rock- yes I did turn it off, I better go check tho

I am scaping the bottom and they are pretty good muffin cookies-thanks Carla
  6. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

That is okay Carla, I can't tell you how many fibro moments i have.

For one, this morning i walked face first into the bathroom door. My husband was cracking up. LOL I thought the door was open.

Rock that was funny, I for one always forget to turn the oven off, but luckily it is when family is home and they catch it.
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

so long as they're edible it doesn't matter.

I'd certainly eat them.

8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sounds like something I would do but don't bake to much. If they are chocolate as someone else mentioned, they will be good anyway. I am sure I would help you eat them too (-: !!

I have also forgotten to turn off the oven and a few time to turn it on. My oven has two dials - one for bake, or broil and the degrees and the other is off and on (I believe that is what they say). I have turned on the bake and degrees and NOT the on dial and the food did not cook - really smart !! Don't do that when you have company please !!

No problems Carla !

9. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sound great to me, just don't go sticking them in your ears! LOL
    Sorry that goes back awhile were i posted about a dream of mine, about baking muffins in my ears.

I just love the batter! I like making ginger cookies dough and eating it, course i have to use rice flour. (no-gluten)
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

They sound like 'muffin tops' - they were like a 'sliced off' mounded baked top of a muffin, remember those? -for a while I noticed these were being sold at bakeries, plus one could buy 'muffin top' paper cups that were very shallow... don't know if they still are sold tho.

So it sounds yummy to me, and as someone else said, how could anything with chocolate fail -- well, as long as it's not burnt lol!

11. Frannie17

Frannie17 New Member

That was a good one :) As long as they are edible, rock on. Why is it that the dough in the bowl is (almost) always better than the finished thing? (PS Wish I had a nickle for every time I've forgotten to turn the oven on - but forgetting to turn it off is worse, that really scares me).

12. mezombie

mezombie Member

I'm not much of a baker; never have been. But last week I really, really had an urge to eat a lemon bar, and remembered I had a mix in my cupboard.

So I took it out, mixed up the ingredients, put them in order in a baking dish, and stuffed it in the oven.

It tastes awful!

Gosh, could it be because the mix has been in my cupboard for who knows how many years?

And hey, baking this mess took up my energy quota for the day! Dang.
  13. ckball

ckball New Member

I had forgotten about this post! WHat does that tell you,lol.

We moved my mom about 10 years ago and she had about 20 cake mixes, never know when you might need one you know.

So my daughter and SIL and baked cakes with out of date stamps and some where good, but the spice cake sucked, didn't even rise.

Sorry about your lemon bars, maybe next time-Carla
  14. mezombie

mezombie Member

Oh, I don't think I'll attempt to bake lemon bars for a while, Carla! The thought of the horrible taste hasn't left me yet.

BTW, I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but for some of us it's a good idea to check the oven BEFORE turning it on, to make sure we haven't stored anything in it, lol.

15. ckball

ckball New Member

Guilty..lost a skillet or twoo -no furter comment,LOL Carla