Want to say SoLong for now

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsOnlyMe123, Mar 18, 2007.

1. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

As in my other posts, leaving in a day to go home to Massachusettes. Ma has been diagnosed with Cancer and Dad having Alzheimers, I am on my way. One day to get my Condo together, pack and about 10 million, zillion things to do.

Everyone take care of yourselves the best you can. Will not have a computer back home unless I stop into a library and I don't really see that happening anytime soon.

Be well, chin up and do the best you can, when you can.

If there is any kind of higher power, I certainly need him/her right now. Just get me through this crap here in Florida, get me home safe and sound. Then a few days later, please dear powerful one, keep my Mother alive during surgery and onto a 100% recovery. Give me the strength to take care of her and Dad and please limit my pain and all my illnesses. Give me strength and courage.

Gentle hugs to all!

Eileen
  2. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi eileen,
    i hope you have a safe trip and want to wish you luck for the upcoming days--sure to be tough, but I will pray for God to bless you and your family during this ordeal.

i hope all goes well w/your moms surgery, you are a good daughter to be taking care of the family, i know how tough it is when you feel you can barely take care of yourself w/this DD!

I hope you can catch a few minutes of "me time" to stop in @ library and post how you are doing.
    Til then--good luck and God bless --- L
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Eileen......

You might alread know this....but many places has day care for Alzheimers folks. Other things also. Maybe a support group also? Would be able to vent and learn and find friends this way. You would learn ways to keep your Dad safe. My mother in law would put an electric coffee maker on the stove burner for example, to make her coffee.
    You will need an outlet. You can not do your parents very much good if you do not care for yourself. So it would be for their welfare also.

Also help for when your Mom comes home.Maybe a nurse would come in every other day to bath and wash her hair and such. After a while this would even be more of a relief for you. Check into Sr. citizens help and Alzhimers help and any type group you can think of. You might find all sorts of help. I hope it is a decent size town so more is offered. Some sends buses to take folks to centers for the day.

When my mother in law went to a Sr. citizens center every day, she would come home with goodies all the time. Chickens, ham, beef, produce, breads and such. She would not been without these things, but it helped really.

Do not turn away from any free help you can get, even money wise. Do not spend your own as you will need it.

When you speak to various agencies let them know that you have your own physical problems. This would help you even more by doing so.

Wishing you and your parents many Blessings........Susan
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

I keep it short as I know you are very busy.

I will keep you and you family in my prayers.

Have a safe trip.

God's speed,

Karen :)
  5. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I have been in a very similar situation as you and for some reason even though we are going though hard times in our lives, it seems as though we some how find the way to get thru it and come out stronger for it.

Every single one of us that comes to this board is a strong person...so I know you are...and you will be able to put aside your owen pain and illness to help your parents get through theirs.

Take care of yourself,
    Steph
  6. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

praying for your health and parents health and healing in your mom. take care or your self to.

Hugs to you Brenda
  7. revlcb

revlcb New Member

Sending along healing prayers for you and your family.

Have a safe trip, do what you can-when you can. Remember that you'll be no good to anyone if you don't take care of yourself too.

8. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Know that you are prayed for and cared for! God bless!
    Debbie
  9. dahopper

dahopper New Member

GOD Bless You and your family and keep everyone posted when can give a update !! Gentle Hugs, Love Debbie
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please let us know how things go.

Love, Mikie
  11. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I am thinking of you and your family, hoping for the best posible outcome.

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  12. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You will be given the strength you need. Take it one day at a time. We will miss you and hope you can find a time to check back in later.

Kathy
  13. sturg1

sturg1 New Member

I will continue to pray and send positive thoughts your way.
    Gentle hugs back at you!

Sturg
  14. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am so sorry about your parents hun.
  15. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

I just want to jump through this computer screen and reach out with open arms and give every single one of you the Biggest, most Gentle Hugs filled with love, hope and lovey thoughts, to always be with you.

All of you have gotten me by these days. I will never, ever forget this and will tuck it all away in a very special place in MY heart, forever.

I would just come to this message board and read all the wonderful, thoughtful, caring post that you sent to ME. I smiled and cryed in happiness because of words full of great spirit directed to ME. Of course to Ma, Dad and Family also.

I will think of you ~ will all see me smile!

I'm truley speachless! Thank you! Bye! Bye! - for now.

Be well,

Eileen
  16. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

BUMPING - for all that replied to me, please read post I wrote early this morning.

Eileen
  17. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

In my thoughts and prayers.......

Sending extra possitive engery to your direction.

I know from expirence I lost my dad, brother , mother in 13 months time from 1998-1999.

wishing you all the best

wildflwoers2