Want to see a picture I took this morning?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, Oct 7, 2007.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

It's from the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, the largest event of its kind in the world. This morning, about four hundred balloons launched.

I took this picture on a drive we took, about five miles from my house.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Was just looking at pics of same. Thought I would post about the festival in lieu of you, but the machine couldn't find the server. It loses the server more often than I lose my reading glasses.

Was reading about Alamogordo (fat cottonwood) which seems to be nearby. The world's first atom bomb explosion took place in the area a week after my 5th birthday.

I also read that the area around the balloon festival is getting too developed. Ballooners are having trouble finding places to land. Unlike a helicoptor which can land on a roof, a balloon needs about an acre.

Remember Larry Walters and his lawn chair? Have you thought about doing something similar w/ your scooter? Wouldn't now be the optimum time?

Atmospherically yours

3. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Oohh I'm jealous! loL!
    Some of my family lives in Abq and I spend a lot of time there. We'll be moving out there next year, as I seem to do SO much better healthwise.

Thanks for sharing this...
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2007]
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

The pic is gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant! I really like it. Hot air balloons make me happy because my kids enjoy seeing them so much on the drive to school in the morning. Thanks for sharing! Kim :)
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Photo Ken! The Red~~White~~& Blue are such kool colors for a hot air ballon! Glad to see you around again!,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

when I read 'Balloon', I imagined balloons, wee balloons - not the big kind you travel in - that must be some site to see Ken.

7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I would say it is suitable for framing and hung in your living room.......

Take care,
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

What a beautiful picture. You live in a wonderful part of our country, but you already knew that :) So many pic ops out there. Thanks for the smile-wished I was in the ballon,lol-Carla
  9. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I just heard on the news that there was a fatality today at the festival. A lady fell out of the basket when the pilot tried to untangle it from some wires.

Is this common? I have always dreamed of riding in a hot air balloon and this really wouldn't discourage me. Heck, I drive almost every day which is more dangerous than riding in a balloon probably!

10. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I was just reading about the accident in our paper today. A woman was killed and several injured when thier balloon snagged a utility line!! What a shame! This is a very popular event in Albuquerque every year and it's just sad that this had to happen.

11. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

That's a truly beautiful picture! I love hot air balloons!

thanks for posting the photo for us to share. A really

nice thing to do. God bless you, doloresf1