Want to write cookbook. Need input and advice please.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Jul 22, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

Since I've done it before and have a better idea about it now. I was thinking about advertising that I'm interested in it. What do you think? Was thinking about something like this: Have you ever wanted to put together a cookbook with all your families keeepsake recipes? Or perhaps your church,company or organization would like to have one. I have the experience so let me do it for you.

Thought I'd tell them if they don't want to go to the trouble of collecting recipes,give me the names and addresses and I'll take it from there. I'd help to get advertising for the book if they want it and it would cut there cost on what they pay for the books. But not sure what I should charge to do this.

The price of the books depends on how many recipes you submit and how many you order. But they have discounts. Anyone have any ideas for me. Where should I start the advertising for myself: newspapers,radio,tv ad on local channel. i know it would cost me for this. Put up posters where I could. Go to the nursing homes, churches,schools?

Thanks,Keke
  2. ulala

ulala New Member

all the trouble you went through for the cookbook and they locked you out? I'm sorry to hear that they treated you like that but glad that you no longer work there and are getting unemployment.

You sound very energetic and like a go-getter!

As far as the cookbook idea are you talking about doing it for families that are interested in having their recipes put into some kind of book form. I've seen churches do something like this. They have people from the church contribute recipes and then they publish a small book.

As far as a family cookbook that's an interesting idea, but many pitifalls. Do they want to turn their prized recipes over to someone they don't know?

I think you'd have to do some computer research but anything can be done.

How about writing your own cookbook?

Good luck with your idea. It's a good one.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

They generally have good recipes but the editing is often terrible.

For example, they publish 6 copies of the same recipe because it was submitted by 6 diffferent people.

I saw one church cookbook that had about 30 recipes for jello (including black jello). One of them said: follow directions on the box.

I just bought a nice cookbook that was put together by folks at another disability board. You can tell a lot of work went into it.