Wanted to share a story with all of you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Apr 8, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I work at a retreat center for scrapbookers on the weekend doing massage. Looked on my list of names that were signed up and called the next lady. I started the massage and a few min. into it I noticed this huge rolling around knot around her rib area(right side)It really felt abnormal, so I told her about it, and that I thiught it would be a good idea to have it checked out by a doctor. A few min. later, I found another knot in her upper back area. It did not roll around, but also felt abnormal. I feel a lot of knots, being a massage therapist, but these were just different. So, I told her about that one too. She told me when she came in to get massage that she had fibromyalgia. Anyway, the same groups of scrappers come back to the retreat ctr. over time. Well, her group came today, and I noticed she was not there. I asked another lady about her and they said she was not feeling well. The consultant of her group told me that she went & had the knots checked out. Was expecting some kind of answer but not this one. She said that the knot in her rib area was malignant cancer. I almost fell over. She went through surgery to have it removed and when they got in there, it was literally twisted around her ribs. They hopefully got it, but she had to go through radiation too. The other knot in upper back was a tumor, but not malignant. They went ahead a removed it too, b/c it was abnormally big.Anyway, since all of this she has since been diagnosed w/ lupus & arthritis. All of this has made me realize that my job can be very rewarding. Her family sent a thankyou to me and said if she had never got a massage that day, they would have never known it was there. Sorry for this being such a long story. I ask that everyone remember her in your prayers. OK, thanks for listening!!!!!!!!

Love Kriket
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kriket:

A deed done well!!!

n.f.
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

One thankful family!!! Good job.

June
  4. srobins

srobins New Member

You should be very proud of yourself! You do have a very rewarding job!
  5. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

Really makes me wonder how many more of us are being misdiagnosed with FM when there's really something more serious going on!

Job well done! Kudos!!

TM~
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

Hope I did not scare any of you guys. Was not trying to at all. Dont think there was a link between the cancer and fibro. I massage a lot of fibro. people and they mostly just have regular fibro. knots and very tight muscles. I have never found any more knots on anyone quite like these she had. The knot that was actually cancer felt like a loose ball rolling around under the skin. There was one other woman that I found a knot on that did not feel quite like a reg. knot too, she also went to doctor and they removed it also. It was a fatty tumor. These are not normally dangerous at all,but she said the doctor said it was larger than most fatty tumors and it concerned him. It was about the size of a lemon. Other than these two women, that's all the abnormal knots I've felt. Was not trying to scare yall at all. It just felt soooooo good to know that I helped someone so much.

Kriket

7. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

That was touching. That woman must be so grateful to you.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jennifer
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET. THANKS FOR THE REPLIES. THEY MEAN A LOT.

KRIKET
  9. Chermione

Chermione New Member

First before I make light, I seriously want to say that is really awesome that you helped her, she really could have died had it not been found. It's sad she had it at all but she had a guardian angel that day leading her to you.

Now, I have a great reason to tell my dh why I should get regular massages :)
  10. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I think that what you did for this woman is absolutely wonderful!

You SAVED her life, and that is something you should be very proud of.

===================

I really do not want to upset anyone here, but it seems to me everyone here likes to downplay their nodes swelling, etc.

But EVERYONE should at the least go have them checked out. I cannot stress this enough.

Regarding lymph nodes and knots, I found out that mine are not just swollen nodes, but a condition called lymphadenitis (an infection IN the lymph node itself).

Alot of lymph nodes swell up because the WBC are going there to fight off infection somewhere in the body.

But some aren't.

Again, please at least go have them checked out. Most Docs. will write them off, but some won't.

Mine was diagnosed by an Oncologist who found it in the PET Scan.

Listen to Kriket, she obviously knows what she is talking about!!

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  11. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

You are a great person!! I hope your life is full of joy laughter and bright as the sun!

SAPH
  12. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I am so glad you had the nerve to mention this to this woman.

You may well have saved her life.

I have hesitated to take an anti-cholesterol med because exactly how would we be able to tell when we have abnormal muscle pain and weakness?

Do keep up the good work.

13. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I have lost my purpose in life with this DD. I keep praying for God to show me what he wants me to do now. You are doing a great service to others.

Suzette
  14. neen85

neen85 New Member

and you were her guardian Angel! Good job girl!! Daneen
  15. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Didn't her doctors ever examine her?