Wanting to increase your glutathione?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IanH, Sep 6, 2012.

1. IanH

IanH Active Member

This report further indicates the relationship between glutathione and vitamin D and possibly how vitamin d deficiency or insufficiency contributes to glutathione depletion.

The vitamin d council recommends 5000 IU per day but in the case of illnesses which themselves deplete vitamin D the dose should be 10000 IU per day, at least in the winter months.

[This Message was Edited on 09/06/2012]
  2. I had been taking 5000 iu of vit D twice daily for a while, then backed down to just 5000 iu once daily because I was worried I was getting too much of the vit D and it could be harmful. Now I'm wondering if I should go back to the 10,000 iu? I must have missed your previous post though. What report are you referring to?

3. IanH

IanH Active Member

I have been taking 5000 Iu twice daily for several months now and I believe it is a contributor to my recovery. I also take it with zinc, magnesium and boron, the key co-factors for vitamin D. Recent studies all suggest that 10000IU is safe and appropriate for someone with a vitamin d depleting illness such as ME. Of course it is better if you can get plenty of sun too.

For info on vitamin D efficacy and safety look up.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I take 3000 IU's and that seems to be my dose. I've tried 5000 but it juices me up and makes me jittery. I live in FL so I likely get some from the sun. I don't go to the beach or pool to sunbathe but just being outside will expose me enough to get a tan line. I have a farmer's tan line on my arms and lines where my sandals sit on my feet.

Love, Mikie