Wanting to make some Fibrofriends in Indiana

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibro-Kel, May 11, 2006.

1. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

I was wondering if anyone is from Indiana? (I posted this earlier, but got NO response). Maybe it's because there isn't anyone from Indiana! LOL

The reason I'm asking, is because I just thought it would be nice to be able to converse, talk on the phone, or maybe even meet for lunch, or whatever, with someone who has FMS/CFS.

I don't have any real close friends, who has this disease. And so far, there isn't a "support group" for FMS/CFS either! At least not that I'm aware of!

So if any of you are from Indiana, please let me know! It would be great to hear from you...

"GOD Bless",
    Fibro-Kel
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hi Kel!

There are several of 'us' who live in Indiana. It doesn't appear that we have been posting much lately.

I live in Fort Wayne! I am sure you are in some far away city! LOL Seems to be my luck!

Let me know how you are doing and where you are from!

Take gentle care...

Kim

3. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

Hey there! Well you are a couple hours away from me!
    I livc in Cloverdale, Indiana! ( on state road 42) This is my second time trying to find people from Indiana, and I've only gotten 2 replies so far! LOL

Do you have alot of friends up in Fort Wayne that have FMS/CFS? This darn disease can be so debiltating at times! I was diagnosed after (running tests for a year!) with the Epstein-Barr-Viurs (or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) in 1998. Then with Fibromyalgia in 2002.

I've worked on and off since then, and right now, I'm trying desperately to find a job! There aren't alot of jobs available for "Us"! Especially when they find out you're on pain medication, they kind of steer clear of ya! LOL I think it's because of being afraid of the "liability"! Ya know they can't put you on a machine to run, if you're on pain meds, in case you get hurt, ect...

Then you have those you will automatically stereo-type you!
    If ya know what I mean?!? Which I really hate that! People sometimes assume that if you're on a strong pain medication, then you a "druggie"! Heaven Forbid! LOL

Well, please keep in touch Kim! I'm Soooo Glad I found someone in Indiana! Let me know how you're doing too!!!
    I'll look forward to hearing from you! Oh yea, one more thing, how could I go about giving you my e-mail address?

Let me know! Take Care of yourself!

"GOD Bless",
    KEL
  4. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

It's so good to hear from you Mable! I was just telling Kim that I've posted this twice and I've only gotten 2 replies! LOL

I live in Cloverdale, Indiana. (On state road 42) Where exactly in Indiana do you live? I'm NOT very good with directions. I know left or right, and that's about it!
    If ya say north, south, east, or west,...then I'm LOST!LOL

Please let me know how you're doing now! I'm so glad that I found this site, it's helped me out alot! I'm always learning NEW things.

Thanks so much for replying to my message! Please keep in touch, and like I said, let me know how you're doing, and "where in Indiana you live".

Take Care of Yourself!
    "GOD Bless",
    Kel
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I knew it! Everyone lives a couple hours away! LOL

What is Cloverdale close to? It sounds so familiar, but I can't place it!

I HEAR of people who have fibro and cfs.... I just don't meet them. LOL You hear very little about it here. We're the second largest city, for heavens sake! I saw a rhuemy doc who diagnosed me, BUT, he doesn't treat! There are only two in town. Very sad!

There was a doctor in Indianapolis I liked, but I am going to try the doctor in Michigan. Did I mention him on the first post? My memory..... Of course I know you can appreciate that! Another one of the joys of these DD's!

To exchange emails, we have to pick a time to meet in the chat room. That is the only way authorized to do so. It would be great to talk to someone close by!

I have been battling major cervical and lower back problems. I think I have 2 million doctors trying to figure out what is going on! I am not online as much do to this. Hurts to sit and type!

Oh, I am 49...soon to be fifty. I have two kids; Elizabeth, 24 and Kevin 18. He graduates in several weeks. I have been married for 25 1/2 years. I am going to try 'direct sales' for a company that sells items that I want! On hold for the moment...

Write back when you have time! Please take good care of yourselve!

Kim

6. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I am also from Indiana. I live near Muncie. I am not sure where Cloverdale is. Is it close to Indy?

I am about 45 mins. from Indy. We are NE from Indy.

I have met several people here (Muncie) with FM and CFS. There is also a support group here. I don't go though. I have heard that it is a nice one.

My new Rhemy is in Anderson. I go to her for Lupus also. I was just diagnosed with Lupus. I already had FM and CFS.

Hugs

Jodi

PS I just looked up Cloverdale. I think Indy would be a central area for us. Maybe we could get everybody together.

I forgot to tell you that both of my daughters have FM and the younger also has CFS. So I do have them to bounce off of with my feelings.[This Message was Edited on 05/12/2006]
  7. p_fear

p_fear New Member

hi. I am also from indiana, I live in Geneva about 40 miles south of fort wayne
  8. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I think you and I live the closest. My Mother lives in Portland IN.

This is fun finding all of you. Thanks, Kel for starting this thread.

Hoosier Hugs,

Jodi

9. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi Fibro-Kei, I live in Belleville, Indiana. It is a small town west of Plainfield. I too have posted on here a couple of times for people in Indiana. Cloverdale is not to awful far away. We have been there quite a few times. We are planning on camping a Lieber State Park in the next few weekends. We where suppose to go this weekend but the weather had other ideas. I would love to here from someone also.

God Bless;
    Pam
  10. p_fear

p_fear New Member

wow portland is right around the connor maybe we could get together sometime theres not much support here in indiana
    Patty
  11. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

Dear Pam,
    Oh my gosh! I couldn't believe your message when I read it! (In fact, I'm Sooooo Excited, I keep having to make corrections! LOL)

Anyway, when you said that you were going to go camping a Lieber State Park, I just wanted to jump for joy!!!! I actually live about 3-4 miles from Lieber State Park! In fact I drive right by there several times a week, depending on which way I decide to go to town! Actually closer than that. It takes 15 min. from my house to the State Park.

This is just too much! LOL Come to think of it, yesterday, my son (Andrew 17 1/2 yrs.old and my youngest), just drove through the park yesterday on our way home!

I also like to drive through there on my "Down in the dumps" days'. Alot of times, I'll walk on the beach at Sunset, or just sit and watch the water!

Okay, now back to where I live... I actually live on State Road 42. (I live in a "small" town called "Cunot"). And if you're on St. Rd. 42, instead of turning right, to go onto State Road 243 (to go to Lieber State Park), if you just keep going, you'll see a little restaurant called "Lighthouse Diner", well, I'm the 3rd house after the restaurant, on the same side of the road, (right side)!!

Please, let's keep in touch!!! In fact, could you please tell me how I can give you my personal e-mail address??? I'm not what you'd call "computer literate" LOL.

Please keep in touch, okay? I feel like a kid in a candy store!LOL I wonder how many other people are from Indiana?

Well, Thank You so much for your message!

"Love",
    Kel

[This Message was Edited on 05/14/2006]
  12. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

Hey Jodi,
    So glad to hear from you! Yes, I think you're right, Indy would be a central place for us to meet. Gosh, wouldn't it be great if we could find some more people from Indiana, and then "have ALL of us pick a day to get together"?

I was so "Sorry" to hear about you being diagnosed with Lupus, along with FMS/CFS! I've gotten both FMS/CFS. Was diagnosed with the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome first, or as my Doc called it,(Epstein-Barr-Virus), that was in 1998, then in 2002, with Fibromyalgia.

I hated to hear that your daughters' have it too! How awful! What are there ages? Gosh, after knowing what "We" have gone through with this D.D., the thought of one of our kids' having it, is heartwrenching!!!

Jodi, what made them test you for Lupus? (Doesn't it mimick the same symptoms almost as FMS/CFS? Or am I wrong)? How are you doing now? Please let me know, I really do care!

Hang in there, I'll be praying for you and for your daughters' too!!! Like I said let me know how you are, let's keep in touch, Okay!?!

"Love",
    Kel
  13. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

Hey there Patty!
    Great to hear from you! Gosh, where exactly is Geneva, can't say as I've ever heard of it? But after reading Jodi's message it does sound like the two of you are closer to one another. Guess I'll have to move up there huh? LOL

How are you doing now? Do you have FMS, or both FMS/CFS?
    I know what you mean about "family" not understanding, and not wanting to even read up on it. I have gone through the same thing, and it does really hurt! Believe me, I know!

But, hang in there kiddo! You've got a friend here! And you've got "Friends" on this site too! And you're family loves you, they just don't understand this disease, or what we go through!

OOOPS! Sorry! Didn't know it was against the rules to put your e-mail address on the site!
    "Love",
    Kel
  14. mumsiej

mumsiej New Member

Hi,

I live in Lafayette and joined a support group. All they wanted to do was whine. I wanted to hear about new information, what works for them,etc.--I find the best "doctors" are the people who have the disease.

Good luck to us all ~~~ mumsiej
  15. artseyone

artseyone New Member

Hi All,
    I live in Terre Haute, 70 miles southwest of Indy and am also wanting to know some of you out there from around here.
    Keep me posted...
    gosh the weather's been cool and wet feels like fall not spring...Originally I'm from the south and find this weather a bit hard to take..I've been here 2 years next month when I joined my husband who had been working here.
  16. bjt80

bjt80 New Member

Apparently not too far from Mable!
  17. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

The reason I was tested for Lupus was the rash on my face and arms.

Last summer the rash became worse and it caught the attention of all of my doctors. They all suspected Lupus or a connective tissue disorder, but my blood work didn't come out test book for a diagnosis.

Then my dermatologist did a biopsy on both of my arms and it came back Lupus. By this time my ANA came back positive and with some other things I was finally diagnosed with Lupus. Sometimes I wonder if I actually have CF or if it is just the Lupus.

I have to say though. I believe the FM makes me feel worse than the Lupus (SLE). My liver enzymes are up also.

My youngest daughter follows along right behind me on all of this. They are getting ready to test her for Lupus also.

Yes, I hate it all.

So glad to meet all of you guys from Indiana. This is so exciting.

Hugs,

Jodi
  18. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member

I'm sorry I missed your post, just found it this morning. We actually live very close. Less than an hour apart. I haven't been on much lately due to some things going on around here that have me pretty stressed out.
    I did copy down your e-mail and when things calm down around here I'll give some thought to writing to you. I would love to get to know you but I've never gotten in touch with anyone I've met on the computer. I've always been leery of giving out too much information.
    I know you are wanting to make friends but I would think about going back and deleting the directions to your house. Just too much going on in this world and you never know who is reading the info on the site. Also you will get in trouble if you don't delete your e-mail. Thats against the rules and although they usually give you a warning, you could get banned from this site. I would hate to see that happen when you need friendship cause there are alot of caring people on this board.
    I wish you the best and I hope I didn't offend you in anyway. I'm just very leery of the computer, too many shows on TV that have scared me.
    Cindymindy
  19. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

Cindy,
    Glad to hear from someone else in Indiana~! And "Thank You" for letting me know about it being against the "RULES" for putting your e-mail address on the site! Gosh, how are we supposed to make friends and such, if you can't put your e-mail address up? (I know we have the "message board", I just meant for people that live close to you?)

Don't get me wrong, I love this web-site! And I've learned Soooo much from it too!!! I just thought it would be "nice" to be able to make friends with other "FMS/CFS" people that live close to us...

Thank so much for your message, and I hope to hear from you soon! Let me know how you're doing now with FMS/CFS.
    We've all gotta stick together!

Take Care!

"GOD Bless",
    Kel
  20. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

I was born in Chicago but grew up in Lansing, IL. I may be moving back there because Presently I live in AZ, and I do not want to end up in a nursing home here or die here.

All my family(father, sister, brother), all still live in IL. Since my daughter moved to CO on March 10, 2004 and my son was killed on April 22, 2004. I no longer have any family here. I also have my friends in IL, my father lives in the same house that I grew up in since age 2.

Now, here I no longer work and I am pretty much homebound. Needless to say my friends have dwindled here. I cannot be dependable for outings and I guess my acquaintances cannot put up with my DD's, like I can.

My family lives on the border of IL and IN, so I hope to move back to either IL or IN. I heard that the medicaid is better in IN. I have Medicare, but w/ a $668. monthly income I have to supplement to a Medicare Advantage Program which includes medical help from state medicaid.

I do not know how I will get by financially, but ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Love and Hugs,

AbbeyMae