Warm water aerobics class helping! WOW!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Aug 31, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Wow I finally taking my warm water aerobics classes and I started this week, and I go twice a week. The first day I was going in there with tons of pain, especially my whole entire back, and then I go there today and my pain so far is minimal but I am very tired and relaxed though.

Anyway the funny thing is that the women there are quite a bit older than me and they look at me like WHY am I there and how old am I hehehe. However they are very friendly women and encouraging.

The only problem that I have is that I have a gas build up and I have to work on burping as much as I can. Stretching out more and let it all release out.

When I improve I hope to attend at least 3 times a week.

Nicole
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2006]
  2. lucysmom2

lucysmom2 New Member

You are so right about aquatic therapy. I finished my 14th session today. I go twice a week (Tuesday & Thursday). It was recommended to me by my Rheumatologist and at first I was reluctant, but now I can't wait to go. I feel great when I come out of the pool and you are right...it's a great way to socialize also. The women are so friendly and it's a good way to meet people too. I can feel a difference in my body already. Just wondering about the winter months. I'm in Pennsylvania so I guess I'll be wearing a parka over my swimsuit when I travel to the pool. I love it and highly recommend it.
  3. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I hope that I will be able to build myself up to going that often. I found out about an aquatic center located closer to me. So I will be calling them soon to find out more information and they say they do massages too so I will look into it.

I hope that they are not too steep in the pocket as I would like to be able to get a massage at least once a week. Then add at least one more day of aqua aerobics.

The ladies there were just amazed at how old I was and a few looked at me like what are you doing here but then they find out and they are quite courteous even more.

So although I may not relate with them totally, healthwise I do and ran into a few folks that also have fibro.

I took my pain meds in the morning before the class and then I don't remember needing to have to take anymore additional pain meds which is really good.

So I am hoping that these classes will really keep bringing me relief and by my doctor's guidance I can slowly get off of some of the pain meds that I am on.

4. Imfinetoo

Imfinetoo New Member

an inspiration. I joined a gym in June so that I could do water aerobics, and here it is September and I haven't been yet! After reading your messages, I will start right away. Thanks!!! Alice
  5. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I love these threads! Want to see more of them!!!

Water is wonderful.

If you had a bad experience in the water, IT WAS NOT THE WATER, BUT THE APPROACH!

Many docs say, go to the pool, work out.

But for us, we need to know HOW. A little guidance.

I used to see many folks join a class only to NOT be exercising appropriately and they would never come back. Not that the class was bad, but not the RIGHT class for that new student.

So, try again, hook up with a good aquatic instructor or better yet, train individually with a good aquatic fitness instructor. THEN join a class.

I have been certified by the Aquatics Exercise Association, the certification was not easy..... but worth it. It has been very rewarding helping folks.

Just Jump In! (gently)
    Fondly,
    June
  6. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Thank you both for your wonderful and helpful comments.

I had signed up to attending the classes about 3-4 months ago but was just too bedridden at the time to get up and out.

So I decided to go as the pain all over my back was getting too intsnse for me to handle. The first class was rough and I hurt during and after the class and almost called it quits. However I think thought well this only the first day and I am sure that as I go along things will improve. Yesterday my pain very minimal and I was able to do more in the class this time and I had very little pain which is good.

I go to the classes in the morning so that I can go home, shower, and then go to bed as I usually pretty tired and sleepy after the class. I really wish that I went in 4-5 months ago BUT better late than never.

7. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

READ MYALGIAMANIA ABOUT WATER EXERCISE. TO ME WATER IS ONE OF GOD'S GREATEST GIFTS. WE HAVE A POOL AND LIVE IN FLORIDA, SO I CAN USE IT MOST OF THE YEAR. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!