Warm water hydrotheropy and chiro love them!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by garyandkim, Sep 1, 2002.

1. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

I started going to the chrio again and started Warm water hydrotheropy again a week later. I'm going to the chiro 3x's a week for 6 weeks the first week was 5 days in a row. Then started the next week the Warm water theropy. I never did both at the same time before and have found the 2 together work well for me. I am feeling a bit better. I just started 2 weeks ago and so far I have had a bit more energy in the past couple days and less migraines and spasums. The doctor said I can do the water as long as I want. I love being suspended in the 98 degree water for an hour at a time and it is so relaxing to my muscles. I found the only PT place in my area with the suspended warm water theropy. Nova Care right in my town. Not too many other places had it and the closest other place was an hour away. I did try the big pool some where else but, I couldn't do it and to cold and painful. Couldn't do the hour only a few mins.

Just wanted to share and to see if others have done the 2 together or the suspended warm water.

Good Luck, Kim
  2. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

I started going to the chrio again and started Warm water hydrotheropy again a week later. I'm going to the chiro 3x's a week for 6 weeks the first week was 5 days in a row. Then started the next week the Warm water theropy. I never did both at the same time before and have found the 2 together work well for me. I am feeling a bit better. I just started 2 weeks ago and so far I have had a bit more energy in the past couple days and less migraines and spasums. The doctor said I can do the water as long as I want. I love being suspended in the 98 degree water for an hour at a time and it is so relaxing to my muscles. I found the only PT place in my area with the suspended warm water theropy. Nova Care right in my town. Not too many other places had it and the closest other place was an hour away. I did try the big pool some where else but, I couldn't do it and to cold and painful. Couldn't do the hour only a few mins.

Just wanted to share and to see if others have done the 2 together or the suspended warm water.

Good Luck, Kim
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I'm looking into warm water therapy. I found it is offered at a nearby community center. Then last weekend on our way home from a conference a friend of mine sat next to a woman who teaches it and she gave us little brochures about it. My friend was supposed to contact her, but so far I haven't heard from her. I may go ahead and see what I can find out becasue I would really like to get started on this. With my NMH it's one of the few exercises I think I may be able to do.

Barbara
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

a good one for you. Let us know how it works out. Good luck, Kim
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

hi... warm water therapy and chiro are how I'm handling all this this time .... so far so goood :) I started with frequent chiro visits and now go once a week for accupuncture and once a week for an adjustment... I swim daily in a heated pool at about 90 to 91 degrees... I've been able to increase my activity in the pool... it feels soooo good! like I said .. so far so good* Good luck
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I have been going to PT for myofascial releases, then the next day I exercise in a warm pool. This is all I was able to do when I first started. (could barely make it to the PT facility, then barely get myself in the pool. It was tough. But over a period of time I gained a LOT of muscle tone, had more energy, was able to participate in the water aerobics class, lost 40 pounds. (Unfortunately over this past year have put 20 back on) When I first started I went to PT three times a week, then twice a week, now am down to once a week.

Fondly, June
  7. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Just wanted to say I'm glad you found something that is helping you. Thanks for sharing. Really wish our pool heater was working!!

I believe I read you and Gary are from western PA or am I having a fibrofog moment? I grew up in Barnesboro, Cambria County. This of course will mean nothing to you if I was having a foggy moment, lol.

Best wishes for continued success w/ your combo treatment. Michele
  8. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Glad to hear you have found a treatment that works! I did warm water aerobics for some time and it was very helpful, not to mention the encouragement of others who were far worse off than me but were real troopers! Have you heard from Rachael? Al
  9. Wildcat

Wildcat New Member

I have recently started Aquatic Therapy too, and love it!! It is less painful and more relaxing to me than regular Physical Therapy, I try to go at night, and when I come home, the warm water is so relaxing I do find myself sleeping better!

Hope it continues to work for you!!

Wildcat
  10. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

I did it I also had traction on L and C. I ended up with a hernia and emergency surgery so this time I think I'll try accupuncture. I love the shots I get but, know I should cut down. Good luck to you all.

Al, Yes a week ago. But, not often.

Kim and Gary
  11. teach6

teach6 New Member

NMH is Neurally Mediated Hypotension. I've posted several times about it recently in reference to others' similar problems. It basically means when I stand more than a few minutes at a time my blood pressure goes down and my heart rate goes up, both rather significantly. That's why water is supposed to be good for it because of the pressure of the water helps the blood, which pools in my extremities, return to the rest of my body, where it belongs.

Barbara