Warm weather makes my muscles weak?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Mar 31, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

We had a nice day outside, warm enough for t-shirt and shorts. I remember last summer when I got terribly fatigued and weak with palpitations in summer weather. Now today when I was going to climb the stairs to my home I got this same old thing with muscle weakness, it was so hard to climb those stairs. Does anyone else experience this? Is this typical for CFS, FM or both? The heat intolerance seem to be neurological somehow.
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

Coldness does this to me...and cool breezes and air conditioning......it is a terrible time for me.......
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I suffer stiffness in the winter,but in the summer,I really suffer.I get terribly weak in my legs.The sun makes me sick,always get a migraine.
  4. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i'm here in massachusetts and the weather has been gorgeous this past week....spring like and wonderful.

but i am so very preoccupied with what is around the corner and SUMMER just zaps me of strength, endurance; emotionally as well.

winter has been tolerable this year. that can trigger flares in me as well but i am right there with ya when it comes to warm weather, HUMIDITY, SUN...

i just dread summer and it'll be here quick. and to think years back it was my favorite season! i try to stay out of strong sunlight because that's a culprit in itself. but what you described of your walk up the stairs hit home for me.

it's just a matter of time here....where are you from?

i hope you have a better day today :)

kim
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I am glad to hear I'm not alone, although this is a terrible thing. I live in the east of washington, prairie summers (or close to) with temps around 100's for almost 4 months, and very little rainy days.

Yes, I agree, the cold does a number on aches, but those are manageable since I can take something for the pain. The zapped energy and weakness is a totally different story. I love summertime, but my body doesn't.

There are so many things I "need" to do, enjoy lots of activities with my children, but I am too dreading the heat. I have the light sensitivity too, and it seem to trigger the famous head ache that goes from the back of the neck all the way to my forehead and EYES! Almost like a migraine. I do get migraines separate too.

Yes, the direct sunlight is like "asking for it".
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

if this is typical for FM? I think it is,,,what do you guys think?
  7. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

Hello--I live in Texas where we have about five months of hot humid weather and many days of intense sunlight. Summer is devastating to me too. I keep all the blinds shut and light as dim as possible. I try to sleep more in the day and go out--what little I do--after dark. My psychiatrist says this is Summertime Seasonal Affective Disorder. Instead of being depressed by the dreary winter days, we are the opposite. Jim
  8. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I have to read up on that,Jim. Thanks for the info!
  9. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I can't find anything resembeling what you said about summertime seasonal. Also, as I look at symptomology, this tend to be a depression rather than physical heat intolerance. It still sounds quite interesting, though.
  10. Bambi

Bambi New Member

THE worst place for my FM! Yes, I know what you mean. It makes me literally SICK to get hot. I feel like the blood drains out of my veins, I get dizzy very fast out in it and have to get inside. The brightness of summer sun makes me break out in blisters in no time. I sweat profusely after just a short time. I HATE summer and dread it like the plague!

I thought we were getting moved north out of this heat last year but it just didn't work out with the long commute for my husband to work. Actually it's no farther but he's afraid he'd fall asleep coming down the one winding steep area of the hill. I am really disappointed but what can you do?

Give me winter and the colder the better, so long as I can wear my flannels and have flannel sheets. I keep the air conditioning turned down year around. We are all different.
  11. megagrace2

megagrace2 New Member

Heat and summer has always been my enemy. I remember when I was about 12 years old riding my bike on a hot summer day. I about passed out I got so sick. I can stand temps up to 68 degrees with very little humidity. As soon as the temp rises, I feel it immediately. I was in Baltimore last summer in a park for my grandaughter's birthday party. I thought I could get through it. I got so sick and my ibs kicked in--well, you can just guess! My husband had to get me to the motel room and turn the air on high to cool me off. I thought I was going to die right there! Who understands this? Nobody else there was affected. Even many others with fibro don't get as bad as I do. Thank God, my husband put in central air. He knew, if he ever wants a meal in the summer, he had to keep me cool.

Meg
  12. Chickybabe

Chickybabe New Member

I live in New Zealand and we have had quite a hot and humid summer. At the beginning of the year I fainted twice! I have been utterly exhausted. When I went to the doctor I was told collapsing was normal! I none too politely told her that was ridiculous!!! I have never passed out before and it was a horrible feeling. My cfs seems to get worse when its hot and I can't seem too stop sweating! Its reassuring too see Im not the only one.
  13. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Oh, that sounds awful!!! I can't imagine, althought I felt close to it in thepast. My mom fainted several times, I don't think I would dare to do much if that happend,,,,

Stupid doc, fainting- normal?,,,bah, humbug!
  14. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

passing out IS NOT NORMAL AT ALL!!!!!!!

why the hell do some doctors take no responsibility in researching WHY there was passing out?

that is such a turn off. i hope for you things are improving.

i, too, feel like i've got heat stroke in just a brief time when it's humid. and the sun in summer i have to avoid big time because it zaps me of the normal levels of energy!!

i get so preoccupied this time of year; waiting for my 'bad season' to begin.

have you felt any better since posting this?? HOPE YOU DO :)

[ advertisement ]