Warmest, Comfyest socks you have found?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Oct 25, 2006.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I'm in the market for some really good soft, WARM and comfortable socks for the fall/winter. Anyone have suggestions?
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Last winter I discovered those fuzzy socks that seemed to be in a lot of stores last year. They are AMAZING! I have so many pairs and plan to get more this year. They are sooo soft and warm and comfortable. Where do you live? I got most of mine at a store at the mall. If you are in the united states they have the store in most malls. It is call aeropostale. They have a website too if you type it in to your browser. I know a lot of other stores have them too as they now seem to be popular.

I am wearing some right now! Hope you get some great ones :)

Pam
  3. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

I just love the comfort socks at TJ Max...either Laura Ashley brand or Karen Neuberger brand. They are so ultra soft and comfy ! Also great prices !
  4. janie056

janie056 New Member

My Mother knits us all these bootie socks every Christmas and they are the best things ever! I wish she would sell them!
    She told me I have to learn to make them now that she is getting older and someone in the family will have to know how.
    We all know we are getting them, but we don't know what color, so we all end up trading them. lol
    I will try and post a picture of them soon, and if you know how to knit I will send you the directions as well.

Love to you,
    Jane
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

oh... my favorite fuzzy thing to purchase :)
    I think I got mine at JC Penney - they have tons of them, esp. around the holidays..

I think they are a stretch chenile and they are so soft and not tight. I love them, mine are lavender so I can always find them at night.

Let us know if you find any.
    Hugs
    Kim
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I wear a pair of my dad's old hiking socks over my regular socks. They're dark green and a bit worn, but they do the job and they breathe well. Since it started getting cooler, I only take them off to sleep.

((happy feet)) Shannon

P.S. Is anyone here a slipper person? I got a pair of synthetic "fleece" slippers, but my feet got pretty sweaty in them and they weren't very warm. Has anyone found slippers they like?
  7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

shannonsparkles... speaking of slippers, my friend bought me memory foam slippers. If I wear slippers, I wear THEM. I don't feel sweaty in them. THey give support and still have that soft mushy feeling.
    Hugs
    Kim
  8. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Janie...I read your post about knitted socks..would you mind sending the directions to me? I am getting back into knitting and plan to take a sock class after Christmas. Yours sounded great!!

I'm not sure how to do it...let me know what you think? Thanks again, Ann