WARNING: Gardisil vaccine, CBS news

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karynwolfe, Aug 20, 2009.

1. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

I'm specifically posting this here because people with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis are known to be at a higher risk for complications due to vaccines, since our immune response has already been messed up.

"Dr. Harper helped design and carry out the Phase II and Phase III safety and effectiveness studies to get Gardasil approved, and authored many of the published, scholarly papers about it." "Dr. Harper joins a number of consumer watchdogs, vaccine safety advocates, and parents who question the vaccine’s risk-versus-benefit profile. She says data available for Gardasil shows that it lasts five years; there is no data showing that it remains effective beyond five years."

"She also says that enough serious side effects have been reported after Gardasil use that the vaccine could prove riskier than the cervical cancer it purports to prevent. Cervical cancer is usually entirely curable when detected early through normal Pap screenings." "The risks of serious adverse events including death reported after Gardasil use in (the JAMA article by CDC’s Dr. Barbara Slade) were 3.4/100,000 doses distributed. The rate of serious adverse events on par with the death rate of cervical cancer. Gardasil has been associated with at least as many serious adverse events as there are deaths from cervical cancer developing each year."

"Dr. Harper agrees with Merck and the CDC that Gardasil is safe for most girls and women. But she says the side effects reported so far call for more complete disclosure to patients. She says they should be told that protection from the vaccination might not last long enough to provide a cancer protection benefit, and that its risks - “small but real” - could occur more often than the cervical cancer itself would."
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I cannot tell you how much I just shudder whenever that Gardasil commercial has come on tv. I have the worst psychic feeling about that thing. All those girls getting the shot, OMG, I think the long term affect is going to be very bad. I wouldn't touch this stuff.
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I have often wondered whether this vaccine is necessary as regular pap smears will detect most problems.

I would also be concerned that women would think this means you do not need to get a pap smear. If women are getting regular pap smears, I would think that means that they are also getting good gynecological care.

Editing as some words were missing and I must have been typing one key over with the last sentence!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2009]
  4. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Oh yes, it's really scary that these people have been given immunity to lawsuit
  5. jole

jole Member

I'm against both the Gardasil and swine flu vaccines. As others have said, it amazes me how the children in this country have become the ones to be used first....gardasil out of fear, and the swine flu vaccine I believe will soon be mandatory for school children (my opinion). Why do we as a country place such little value on our most precious commodity?

So many "safe" drugs have been pulled from the market...after such a rave review. I don't trust drug companies, and for that matter, I don't trust our government to give us the truth either. Then there's the "Mandatory" rule that can take it totally out of parent's hands....suffer the little children!

Thanks for the info......I will certainly be passing it on.....Jole
  6. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

That Swine Flu vaccines scares me, too. I do not see the point of it. Not everyone is getting sick and it's not as deadly as first thought. People are recovering. I don't see a point in forcing an experimental vaccine on children. God only knows what will happen to these kids from that vaccine. How does anyone know what the long term effects are when it's hardly been tested? If I had kids now, I would never let them have that vaccine. I'd fight it. I'd claim religious reasons if I had to. I'd do everything I could not to have my kids forced into it. It is very scary that this is going on.
  7. MsE

MsE New Member

Both vaccines, Gardasil and the swine flu vaccine, are scary. I worry because I am almost certain one of my teen-age granddaughter's mom insisted she be given the Gardasil vaccine on the advice of their family doctor. I've also heard enough negative stuff about the swine flu vaccine to make me shudder when I think about it being pushed on school kids.
  8. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Maybe kindly send her this article, MsE!