WARNING, if you take Ultram (tramadol) don't take Effexor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msbsgblue, Jul 15, 2008.

1. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

My doctor wanted me to take Cymbalta, the insurance said no and wanted to substitute Effexor. Well, we picked it up got home and thank goodness my husband read the enclosure. The pharmacist even failed to tell us not to take Wffexor is you take Ultram (Tramadol). It said, could cause death if taken together.

I called the pharmacy they were not going to take it back, I told them what the insert said and told them they could eat it since the pharmacist did not warm me, THEY TOOK IT BACK REAL FAST.
  2. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Flexeril can reduce the seizure threshold when combined with Tramadol.

Msbsgblue - consider yourself fortunate - Effexor is an awful drug and put me in paralysis until it wore off. It was a frightening experience. This drug is not for everyone.

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am glad your husband found this. Usually if the pharmacist does not catch something like this the computer can if they have the right program. Yet I still try to read the phamplet.

You were smart that you had your husband read it for you.

I can not take Effexor or any of the SSNRI's but can take the SSRI's.

THanks goodness you had not started taking the meds. yet.

Take care and whew!!!

[This Message was Edited on 07/15/2008]
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

They had a new older pharmacist who should of caught it on computer, I had to PRY information out of him as opposed to him consouling me.