Warning trying aple cidar vinegar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meggs121, Jun 21, 2006.

  1. meggs121

    meggs121 New Member

    After hearing about it on here and doing my own research I desided to try taking apple cider vinegar. I only took a little but i had a very severe perhaps allergic reaction.

    Just wanted to let you guys who are thinking baou trying it hat it can happen. And to maybe just try taking a little bit first to be sire.

    Love and good health

    MEg
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

    Jeanne-in-Canada New Member


    it's good to know what to look out for, though everyon'es allergies are different.

    ARE YOU BY ANY CHANCE ALLERGIC TO MOULDS - ANYONE THINKING OF TRYING ACV? I ask because vinegar is also one of my last remaining holdouts for allergies, that's because its distilled and I have a substantial allergy to mould. Many people don't make the connection.



    Jeanne
  3. kirschbaum26

    kirschbaum26 New Member

    Hi:

    I have been tested as being "sensitive" to vinegar. I do have triad asthma, which is nasal polyps, sensitivity to aspirin and NSAID as well as MOLD allergies.

    It is strange, as I have been told that you cannot be allegeric to vinegar...my gyn once said he was going to do a vinegar stain, and I told him I was allergic...he said he had never heard of such a thing, but he knew my PCP and called her before he scheduled the procedure, and he was able to use something else.

    I have such a strong reaction now that if anyone cleans with vinegar (very much diluted in home made cleaning solutions) I cannot be in the house.

    You would be very surprised to find a list of all the products that contain vinegar...it is amazing.

    What I really find interesting is that prior to being told (as an adult at age 34) that I was sensitive to vinegar, I avoided the foods that contain vinegar on my own. Never liked salad dressing, mayo, etc. Guess our bodies do "talk" to us...we just have to listen.

    Ingrid
  4. Greenbean7

    Greenbean7 New Member

    My doctor recommended putting epsom salts and vinegar in your bath. He said your body would absorb it if it needed it.

    I haven't tried it because I don't want to smell like salad dressing!

    Hugzz
    Greenbean