WARNING your health care is at risk!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kbak, Feb 9, 2009.

1. kbak

kbak Member

Just read this article off Bloomberg.com that you better read and contact your Reps.

kbak :(

2. emmally

emmally New Member

set forth by a man of Tom Daschle character and ethics should be terminated. He obviously is shady and not a good person...
    [This Message was Edited on 02/10/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/10/2009]
  3. dannybex

dannybex Member

...but I guess I'd say that they don't pay for most of the effective testing anyway, so it might not be as drastic as it sounds. It's troubling that it's so vague...but if they do too much 'cutting back' it will backfire big time.

And Tom Daschle sounds like pure evil.

Thanks for posting this!

4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I am usually not an alarmist and I'm trying not to panic about this, but.... I am totally panicking! This has the potential to be devastating. Medicare and other insurance companies already fail to cover a lot of treatments, but this could be a lot worse, esp for older people and for those of us with illnesses that have a lot of symptoms, require a lot of tests, and need a lot of treatments (ie: can cost a lot). If this passes and the people running the committee that decides what gets covered are among those with the view that CFIDS and FM are not even real illnesses, we are completely screwed. Plus, since this committee will also have control over medical education, it will be in their benefit to "educate" Drs to believe that CFIDS and FM are not real. Add to this the recent attempts to further restrict various painkillers, and add to it the attempts to regulate supplements, and what are we going to be left with as treatment options? Apparently, we are supposed to just "accept hopeless diagnoses"!??!!?
  5. alangan1

alangan1 New Member

this will not go anywhere anytime soon, the evidence is far too over whelming in favor of the CFS FIBRO community, i am not concerned in the slightest