Was it heartburn or something else??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Feb 27, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Last night I woke up at 3 am and felt such a pain in my chest. I wouldn't exactly call it a "burn". It felt heavy, like there was pressure on my chest. Or like my heart was being squeezed. I was so afraid I was having a heart attack.

I ate a Tums and drank some water. The feeling subsided after about 45 minutes and I was able to get back to sleep. But it really frightened me.

I've had a rough week with flares and today is day 6 of this particular headache. I've been very stressed what with my cat dying on Saturday and going to my friend's baby's funeral that same day. I'm sure stress plays a factor in all this.

The only other time I have felt this chest thing was when I was pregnant (no chance of that now). My husband says it is heartburn. Is it? What does heartburn feel like to you? And what do you do for it?

Katy
  2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Katy, you might just want to get this checked out anyway.
    It would probably give you some piece of mind about it also. Just to play it safe...

-Laura
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

I get awesome chest pai & have been in hte A&E many times for it. It usually gets put down to heartburn, anxiety, or tender ribs. But I still always get it checked out, because you just don't ever know ;)
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I appreciate your replies. It sounds like it probably was just heartburn--but boy did it hurt! I'm used to other things that stress does to my body, but this was a new one.

I may get it checked by my doctor. Again, thank you.
  5. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I have had a sharp pain in my chest- around my stomach area- when I have stomach acid problems, similar to heart burn .... you might have an ulcer. They tend to flare up at night. I'd go check with a doc.