Was Just told I have it...Now what?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by keetta, Aug 22, 2009.

1. keetta

keetta New Member

Ok so I went to a new Dr. to get my normal spinal shot for the 2 bulging disks that I have had for years and he walks in and starts telling me what he will and will not do for me (one of which was the shot)and what he "Thinks" I have, without any tests I should point out... this is when he tells me that he thinks I have fibromyalgia and proceeds to start giving me 3 different kinds of meds. 2 pain meds and Lyrica. He then looks at me and tells me that if I dont like what he's saying that Im more than welcome to get a second oppinion... Well Thanks A Lot, I still had to pay 30.00 for going in and getting treated like a 3 year old...Ok so maybe I do have the fibromyalgia, I have a lot of the symptoms, the being tired all the time, the pain after just cleaning my house, feeling like I havent slept all night when I know I did...but I also have the bulging disks that he did nothing about. I have a friend that has FM that is telling me to give the meds a couple of weeks to take affect and it might help my back, if not what then?? Am I just being a baby about this whole thing or what? Ive never been one to lay around and do nothing, I have always been very active. Working out is one of the things I love, but havent been able to do for several years now, I weigh more now than I ever have and see no end to it...I cant even get up and clean my own house with out cringing in pain for the next 2 days. I dont know if I can do this or not, I can not depend on someone else to do what I want done, it's not fair to my husband or anyone else!!
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Keetta, we have an excellent Fibro board here with people who are very informed and I hope you will place your post there to get the optimum help.