Was really hoping... so.... what do ya'll think?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LadyDragon, Oct 7, 2002.

1. LadyDragon

LadyDragon New Member

I was pain free for about a month... Weight training, walking, etc. Then, I caught a simple cold. (this was last week). Since, my pain has returned, and doubled. Am still weight training, but it is currently not helping much. My current doc wants to do trigger point injections. I don't think he wants to start sticking needles where it hurts... I would become a pin cushion. My former doctor said , if I ever decided on a different approach, to come back and he would refer me to a pain management clinic.... What do ya'll think?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2002]
  2. LadyDragon

LadyDragon New Member

I was pain free for about a month... Weight training, walking, etc. Then, I caught a simple cold. (this was last week). Since, my pain has returned, and doubled. Am still weight training, but it is currently not helping much. My current doc wants to do trigger point injections. I don't think he wants to start sticking needles where it hurts... I would become a pin cushion. My former doctor said , if I ever decided on a different approach, to come back and he would refer me to a pain management clinic.... What do ya'll think?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2002]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If I even feel like I'm coming down with a virus, the zapper will get rid of it before it becomes a full-blown cold, as long as I zap it early on.

Tender point injections have been discussed here many times and no one seems to have gotten a great deal of help from them. If there is anyone out there who has, please let us know.

The TENS Pro 900 is now used for tender point zapping; it gives a "punch" of healing electricity. This is a very new thereapy, so everyone may not yet have it. It can be purchased for home use too. My understanding is that it produces an initial level of discomfort equaling that of the injections.

Love, Mikie
  4. majic

majic New Member

i went to the pain clinic and had the injections in my neck shoulder and hip. helped the neck and shoulder for about 3 months. didn't touch the hip pain at all. the injections hurt like hell. it is not worth it. go to the libary at the top of the page and see the articles on trigger point injections. the studies show about 3 to 4 months of help. i'm on zma now and this seems to help me more than anything else that i have tried. majic
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

by clair davies. a few of us are working on our trigger points ourselves. the book is great, i'm sure you can pull up a thread on it. i have not had a headache yet, record for me 2 1/2 weeks, hopefully it is not coincidental. i'm just using a tennis ball.

i ordered the manual from booksamillion, they have great prices and ship out fast.

lots of luck, warm regards, fibolady
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2002]