Was there something wrong with the "tin foil"hat post ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fudge43, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I just wondered if that post was a glitch too or if there was something wrong with the tin foil hat post ? I just thought it was funny .. was there something I missed ?
    Fudge in a Fog : )
  2. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Maybe you let out a secret? Or maybe there really was something to my comment about the genetically engineerd 8 legged Guinea Pigs? Hrmm.. ;)

I didn't see anything wrong with the posts!

~Amanda
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

We must be the only ones with that wacky sense of humour may be ? LOL
    Alyndra ... did the tatoos hurt ? .. I was reading a bit in your profile .. wow ! .. bubble-girl rocks ! LOL
    I was obsessed with having a tatoo a few years ago .. never quit made it .. now i worry that it might set off flares with the fibro .. and that this thyroid thing leaves me open to infection .. did you ever have a problem with that ?
    Fudge : )
  4. Starcat

Starcat New Member

not this one too????? I LOVED this post. Was so wanting to read more...you guys are such a hoot!
  5. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

.... I'm laughing so much here .. and the bathroom is way down at the other end of the room ... I have to sprint NOW you guys are driving me CRAZY !!!! hahahahaha
    Fudge in SPRINT mode !!!!! : )
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

...I was advised ........ by agents Muldar and Scully ..... that we have to ................... keep this post under our .........tinfoil hats !!! YIKES !
    "Fudge in a Fit of Laughter !!!"
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

I made the original post...

and nope I didn't erase it,

as off and on it's been a reference point sorta for feeling like the doctors write you off, etc., etc., just in fun...

I HOPE it's a glitch in the system?

Or the MIT students who found that tin foil hats would actually attract radiowaves, not protect against, went to work for the gov't and are trying to patent something, maybe???

The mystery deepens....

:)
    Victoria
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

There IS truth behind worries about EMF actually... started reading about it a long time ago, the original researchers in late 1980s wouldn't sleep under plugged-in electric blankets after their initial research in fact - and they lived in Colorado (they'd warm their bed with it, but then unplug it)!

There's also an excellent program about EMF & cell phone radiation towers etc and how Marin County, Californians feel it is why they have the highest rate of breast cancer in the country...

There are also some documented stories about how EMF was actually the problem in some schools and other buildings instead of 'toxins' from mold etc causing headaches and inattention, etc....

Makes one wonder...

And you don't necessarily need a gaussmeter to test your house, there is also an AM radio station test you can perform - if static increases as you go by outlets or electrical appliances, etc., your house has problems, a company sells something that by plugging it in will take care of the problem...

brain fog today, can't remember who/what/why, but if you google it I'm sure it'll come up. I keep meaning to do it, but somehow keep forgetting...

all the best,
    Victoria
  9. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

In a fog? Busting a gut? Sprinting?

Figure out how to do all 3 at the same time and I think a Fudge Doll would be in order!

Would you like a cape?

Maybe one made out of tin foil?

We'll give your doll tattoos - no one has to know you really don't have them ;)

If anyone says otherwise - we'll bump those Gerbil's up to 12 legs and sick 'em on people.

You know, all this crazy talk is making me want to apply to MIT ! I wonder if bubbles meet their dress code...

~Amanda
  10. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... I'm in ! ... do I get to choose the colours for the cape .. people have told me I look gorgeous in ORANGE ! ... or .. was that when I was standing near the pumpkins ... and the tatoos too please !!
    All set !
    Wonder Fudge !! : )
    PS .. good to have a few giggles and snorts today .. thanks !
    PPSS ... I'm sure we can work around the bubble ... bubbles ![This Message was Edited on 11/13/2005]
  11. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

WONDER FUDGE!!

Love it!

As for the people who missed the first round of the foil hats... LOL!

It seems MIT has done some heavy duty researching on the effect of tin foil hats in comparison to electro magnetic brain waves. You know, "can the aliens read our brains?"

Well, I commented on how SUPER it was that the peoples' tax money was probably paying for some super genius on scholorship to study tin foil hats.

Next, they would test the use of genetically engineerd 8 legged Gerbils for mass energy production. ? (i think that's what my brain spewed out!)

We were all having fun.

Then it got deleted.

Now we're all having fun again.

Fudge has become our resident super hero! And as per my boyfriend, I am 'bubble girl' (read me profile and you might understand better!).

So, now we have wonder fudge and bubble girl!!

I wonder if bubble girl constitutes as a side kick :p

So yeah! Can you tell we're all medicated? ;)

~Amanda
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

I was around for the last part of that... that's part of the reason I posted it originally, thought it was funny that "serious" scientists-to-be actually took it seriously...

and actally love it when science tests out folk-tales/lore etc., as there is often some truth to it all...

Hmmm, maybe the study was leading us astray and it really DOES protect, not attract, radio waves... and only attracts when used on radio antennas out in the country, at least!

LOL,
    Victoria
  13. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I vote Rainfyer for president!

Someone willing to stand up on our behalf and protect us from the villianous powers of tin foil!!

--

Maybe the secret is in the tin foil itself! Maybe the dull side absorbs the mind reading powers, and the shiney side deflects it!

Them mind readers are gettin' tricky!
  14. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

.... well holy moses !!! .. You guys kept partying after I was sent to bed .. TOTALLY NOT FAIR ! ..

It is very embarrassing to be a super hero (Wonder Fudge).. especially with a side kick-in-training- ( cover your eyes kid, bubble-girl ) .. to have to go to bed at 6 PM ..
    BUT ... it is extremely gratifing to see the quest of the tin foil hat mystery/investigation .. to be upheld by serious invovled scientific community associates ( how is the spelling going .. coffee hasn't kicked in yet .. ugh !)

In any case ... glad to see the "action" on here ! future endevors are required to keep us on our toes .. I believe we could rival the action figure heros of "Mystery Men", the movie eh ?
    We shall become the "Mystery Women Myth Busters" !!!!
    Next meeting BEFORE I go to bed PLEASE !!!
    Wonder Fudge and her side kick Bubble-girl
    PS .. "how am I doing so far kids ?"
  15. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

You can still go to sleep at 6pm. Just wear your tin foil hat dull side up and we can take all your thoughts subconciously!!

I wonder what would happen if we put the foil hats on the gerbils....

Think they hold the secret to life?
  16. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

.. why is there a shiny side and a dull side .. couldn't the manufacturer DECIDE either ? .. haha
    Ok .. I have to get off here now and check for gerbils !
    Wonder Fudge : )
    PS Bubble-Girl .. I think this post has ran it's course ? .. we are going to get TOLD soon ! hahaha
  17. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

One of these days I'm going to step out of the reality zone and never go back!

When ouch is the reality, I don't like it much!

~Amanda
  18. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Rainfyer ... Never give up .. Never surrender !
    I had fishsticks ( fingers for Brits ) for dinner .. the cats LOVE ME : )
    Wonder Fudge : )
    PS .. Does the tin-foil hat ever get rusty ? ..
  19. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Would the non stick coating prevent rust?

Maybe we should call up are pals at MIT to find out.
  20. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

HA!

I guess at that point we might as well trade in all our awareness buttons for straight jackets!

People won't know if it's a FM support group or a Startrek covention. LOL!