Washed car, in & out, horrible flare :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, May 30, 2011.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Okay, I know this is not a very important topic or anything, I just can't believe how much I flared up just from washing the inside and outside of my car......

I figured I had a longer weekend with the Memorial Day Holiday, so I decided to wash my very dirty car, then I scrubbed the mats, then I vacummed the inside, then I washed my windows. I did all of this on Saturday morning because I figured I had the rest of the day Saturday, Sunday and today to re-coup from doing this, WRONG.

I kept telling myself that I need a "relaxing" longer weekend from my job, which is stressful enough. I just tortured myself. I had to take 3 liquid Advil yesterday morning and basically laid on the couch, with the exception of getting up to use the bathroom and maybe make something small to eat. I felt weak, my body ached unbelievable, but I have to get things done, and I was being stubborn.

I was telling my sister earlier in the day that I should have broke up doing all of this within the 3 days that I had off, and just tackled one thing at a time, she said "Oh, I could never do that, just get it all over with at once", well maybe she can do that but not me.

My bad, you would think by now I would know better, but it had really depressed me that I couldn't then do my laundry, or run other errands, it totally took me down. I know that this is kind of a dumb post, but after "re-couping" now for two days, I had to post it. I'm still flaring from this, but slightly better. My car looks great, but as of right now, I don't care, LOL. Hugs, Chelz.

LEFTYGG Member

my fibro gets worse when im stressed not from work. i dont have much energy so i wouldnt wash my car. i do inside let car wash do outside. i do love a clean car. i hope you feel better by tomorrow. love gail