Washington D.C. Support Group??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by enzo37, Nov 27, 2002.

1. enzo37

enzo37 New Member

Great message board--If only everyone had some understanding of Fibro I think it would make life much easier! (its like having a ghost in your house that no one else can see--so they assume that you are obviously out of your mind)...not that i believe in ghosts or anything :)

Does anyone know of a good Fibro support group in the D.C. area? Also, any opinions on how helpful support groups can be? pros/cons?

2. enzo37

enzo37 New Member

Great message board--If only everyone had some understanding of Fibro I think it would make life much easier! (its like having a ghost in your house that no one else can see--so they assume that you are obviously out of your mind)...not that i believe in ghosts or anything :)

Does anyone know of a good Fibro support group in the D.C. area? Also, any opinions on how helpful support groups can be? pros/cons?

3. teach6

teach6 New Member

There is a great FM/CFIDS support group that meets at Fairfax Hospital on the third Saturday of each month from 2-4 PM. They have varied topics at the meetings. Last month was a general discussion of whatever people wanted to discuss and while it ran over time, I found it to be a wonderful source of info.

If Annapolis is closer to you there is a newer group meeting there now. The leader of it is one of the leaders of the Northern VA group.

If you would like more info let me know.

Barbara
  4. enzo37

enzo37 New Member

Yes, I would definitely like the info. The Fairfax one is better since I'm in D.C. Is it a large group?
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

The list is large, but the attendance is no where near that number. I've seen meetings run between 10 and 30 on average.

If you would email me I'll send you the name of the leader and her email. I'll only leave my email up briefly, so let me know when you have it and I'll remove it.

Barbara
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2002]
  6. enzo37

enzo37 New Member

thanks --I'll e-mail you.

7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the group. Glad you have found us, and some help finding a Support Group too.

Never though of that before, but its a good way to put it, a 'ghost' in your house and no one can see it but you! Yea, a ghostly illness, only we know it and feel it.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl