WATCH "DR. PHIL" SHOW ON WED. 9/21/05 - RE PAIN SYNDROMES??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Sep 20, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

I saw a preview on TV this morning regarding the Dr. Phil show for tomorrow, Wednesday, 9/21/05.

It said he was having 1,000 women in the audience, all with the same problem. And ... that someone with the same problem would also be his guest -- which was Paula Abdul!!

Doesn't Paula Abdul have some type of pain syndrome?

I, personally, don't care for Dr. Phil, but if the show is about pain syndromes, I want to watch it just to see what is said.

Thought I would tell everyone else, just in case anybody else is interested in watching!!!!

Janet
  2. rosed2

rosed2 New Member

seen this show and its not about pain but about the way you look.

Rosed2
  3. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

If its the same program I saw last week it is not about pain at all but about eating disorders and the way you look. Everyone in my RSD support group were waiting for the program are so disappointed when we watched it. She used to have anorexia but is out of it now. I'm glad she's better but wish she had talked about RSD.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2005]
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Darn, I was hoping it was about pain syndromes!!

Thanks for telling me - now I won't bother to watch it!!

Janet
  5. patientnurse

patientnurse New Member

I'm going to watch! Any national attention drawn to chronic pain is a positive to me. I wonder is anyone will have to be told to "get real with their pain"! Just kidding.
  6. orachel

orachel New Member

Seemed to be about positive self image and one horrific example of anorexia (poor girl....). Bonus was at the end he (sponsors! lol) gave all the women...all 1000+ of them...at least a couple grand of merchandise/services each. I'm not a huge talkshow person (though dr phil is sometimes interesting) but I would not have minded being in that audience.
  7. moonlightkitty

moonlightkitty New Member

It would be good to have a talk show address the issue of chronic pain, but I'd be worried about this being done from an underinformed perspective. I remember one Dr Phil show where the topic of someone's chronic headache came up, and he talked about it as a manifestation of whatever psych issue they had. I'd be worried that unless he was very literate in what fibromyalgia is, it would be too easy for him to psychologise it.
  8. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

...something we don't need, to have our suffering played down. Once Dr. Phil says something negative then that is the bottom line. That would be bad.