Watch "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", a Great Online Documentary!

Discussion in 'Weight Management' started by Nanie46, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

This great documentary is not just for people struggling with their weight. It is for anyone who suffers from any chronic symptoms or illness too.

It is an inspiring documentary and I recommend it to anyone.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I just watched the video - pretty amazing! and it's entertaining too, not a lot of preaching. It does make me want to juice maybe one meal a day, would have to get a juicer, oh well!

Thanks for posting!

Nanie46 likes this.
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

The documentary is about juicing, but it is about more than that. It is about reversing serious chronic illness and symptoms through pure, good whole foods made into juices and how that positive experience changed the lives of the people in the video and inspired others to do the same.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Video not available outside of the US. :(
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Jam - I had thought making smoothies would be about the same as juicing but I had not thought it through. The video explains that juicing enables you to get the micronutrients of much greater quantities of vegetables and fruits than you can with smoothies. you can juice probably 3 or 4 times the quantities of vegies and fruit than you could put in a smoothie. It would be more costly of course, but might be worth it.

The man who made the film suffered from an autoimmune illness - I forget the name, but it caused hives-like outbreaks throughout his body - he had been on prednisone for almost 10 years and was almost 100 lbs. overweight. By the end of the film he was off the prednisone and looked like a different person. It also tells the story of another man who was morbidly obese and in really really bad shape, and he was able to turn his life completely around.

I take so d**m many supplements, could stand to lose about 15 lbs. (which is so hard not being able to exercise). Anyways, I guess I am curious to see what if anything juicing could do for me. Many years ago I tried the lemon juice/cayenne/maple syrup fast that was very popular. I worked with a woman who did it, and she did great on it. I got very sick, and later learned of course that people with CFS generally are not good candidates for fasts, we have so many problems with toxins. However, I am tolerating detoxing much better than before, I think I might be able tolerate at least a partial juice fast - juicing one meal a day. If I did well on that, maybe work up to more.

Tigerlilea - I thought the internet let people watch on-line videos wherever they might be. Anyways, try going to - the video is available for on-line viewing there, and it has links for different languages at the top of the page, so I would be almost certain you could see it.

I have just about talked myself into ordering a juicer. I spent $146 on supplements last night, about the cost of a juicer .....

6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Jam, your smoothie sounds delicious - Too bad about the beet greens .....

I haven't ordered a juicer yet but probably will -

[ advertisement ]