WATCHES AND OTHER ELECTICAL ISSUES...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilchisler, Apr 4, 2006.

1. lilchisler

lilchisler New Member

Hi all,
    This is such a strange post, but I literally am on my fifth watch this week ...work fine on the dresser, but once they are on my wrist, they either lose time or stop. The minute I take them off, they are working again just fine.
    I used to work at Home Depot in the flooring and home design department. I cut custom blinds and tile for people. If I used any of the machines wihtout wearing rubber gloves, I would take a whole isle of lighting out.

I do have a heart condition where there is too much electrical "misfiring" going on.
    Does anyone have this type of problem.

I even have to be careful not to touch the inside of computer panel or the whole panel will short out.

This is so strange...anyone else with something similar?

"lilchisler",,,mitzi
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

My DH has the same problem with watches. He has never been able to wear a watch because of the electrical signals in his body--they either make them go haywire or they just stop working, can't remember which!

Hugs,
    Janet
  3. starmom

starmom New Member

I have not ever been able to keep a watch on. Even a watch in my pocket goes bad. Pendant watches are the worst!!

You should see how many cell phones I screw up! They always have wierd problems.

I have an aunt like this. I used to kill the copy machine every time I touched it in high school. Then in my first year of college I worked at a Kinko's, LOL! They would not let me NEAR a copier after the 3rd week!

You are not alone, for what it's worth!

Susie
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

When dad used to drive me to acupuncture, I'd lean over and kiss him goodbye to say thanks for the ride - and practically tazer him on the cheek, I'd built up such a charge! Zap!

Look forward to hearing others with weird electrical stuff going on.
    (((bbbbzzzzzztttt!))) Shannon
  5. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

Not funny at all.

As a teen and young adult I was a watch stopper too.

I seem to do better with watches these days however...must be because I am fatigue so much and my low energy now allows me to wear the watches lol
  6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

We do have that Elecrto Magnetic thing.

I too can stop watches, and with my DH having a job, working with copiers, fax's, and other digital devices, we have a good Laugh, (well he does) when things quit working for me.

I hate that, lol. After I was dx, I got the book by Devin Starlanyl, and she does have a chapeter in the book, about this.
    Was I relieved.

Still have trouble with watches, and my Dish box goes crazy now and then too.

I have 4 VCR's, they all worked fine when we first got them, lol.
    Now they sit in the back room.

sharonk
  7. sharleeb

sharleeb New Member

I too had this problem. My parents bought me a watch for my graduation. It worked fine on my dresser but when I put it on my wrist, it would slow down and then stop. I took it to three different repair shops and they all said "nothing was wrong with my watch".

Someone then told me to buy a "quartz" watch. Since then, I haven't had any problems, as long as the watch is quartz.

Hope this helps.

Sharon
  8. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Me too!

Any watch with a quartz movement will not work after about 2 hours on my body.

A digital watch will work as long as I can wear it loosely.

I gave up after replacing 7 movements in my Seiko that my mom gave to me for my college graduation. I gave it to my sister.

My sister found an antique for me on E-bay that is spring-wound and that works just fine.

I would like to try a "kinetic" watch to see if it would work on me but they are $$$.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  9. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

over the years. The old wind-up watches will stop and never run again. The battery watches will usually be okay when not on me.

I rememer in college I could erase computer disks just by holding them.

I also shock people a lot. My son is afraid to kiss me in the morning when he goes to school and he tries to get grounded before he touches me.

I hate this.

Linda
  10. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I used to make the wind up watches run backwards and then stop. I have trouble now with shocking others. If someone in my family is ill, I can feel it when I touch them. I also repel magnets. Its like we are all just a bit out of sync with the magnetic poles.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2006]
  11. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

I am not sure if I read it here or somewhere else, but if you ground yourself before touching someone or something, you won't get zapped. I hate getting zapped when getting in my car but if I touch the tire first then I don't get zapped. I also touch the tire then run (well, okay, I try to move quickly, not exactly run) to the house door before I put the keys in my house lock too, it seems to work. I used to go through watches like crazy, I would think it was a defective battery. I also would crash computers or screw up the photocopier at work too. At home, I just blow out lightbulbs when turning on switches and stuff.
    Hope this helps.