water excercise for Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granmaw09, Feb 21, 2012.

1. granmaw09

granmaw09 Member

I was wondering if any of you have done the water excercise for Fibro? What results did you get, a little relief hopefully? For years my drs. have said to do this but just didn't have the "gumption" to start it. I have joined the YMCA now. Only been about 6 times so far. I enjoy moving around in the water and doing what I can of the excercises. Then I go in the hot tub. That I love, to be warm all over at once! Anyways, just any thoughts from any of you is all I'm curious about. Thanks granmaw09
  2. wacquiebob

wacquiebob New Member

We have a warm water pool at my facility that gives extremely slow-paced aqua arthritis classes. The class does feel good (soothes sore joints and very tight, painful muscles), but if I stay in the pool afterward to socialize the warm water drains my energy and I cannot do anything else for the rest of the afternoon. It might be that the warm water causes me to vasodilate and aggravates the low-volume status or POTS of the disease. Can you stay long in the hot tub?
  3. granmaw09

granmaw09 Member

Well you're not suppose to stay longer than 15 min BUT not everyone follows that rule, me included in that. It just feels so darn good to be warm all over!
    When I get out of the instructional pool(for our classes) your legs feel weighted down. We are in there about 1 1/2 hrs. Doesn't stop any of us though. I look like a prune but who cares, right? Thanks for your reply.