water filters or bottled water?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ruby711, Jan 7, 2006.

1. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Does anyone know of a good water filter. I heard that espring has a good filter that uses UV light. Anyone have one of these? I drink bottled water now but there are times when I can't get out to get it.
    ruby
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Ruby:
    For years I have been boiling my water. I let it cool and then refrigerate it. I always am ahead by a gallon or so.
    I never run out or have to pay high costs.
    At one time I also had a filter from Ampac. That was quite a few years ago and I do not know if they are still in business.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

We have used bottled spring water for years and were happy with it. I had a couple of concerns with it though. First, those big bottles that we put in the cooler are supposedly sterilized and re-used. I often wonder how carefully they sterilize them.

Then there is the fact that you are drinking from plastic. My doctor told me that I should be drinking from glass or metal only. The bottled water in glass is extremely expensive, especially considering the amount of water I drink in a day.

Recently we bought a water filter to go on the water cooler. It is called "PiMag" and we absolutely love it. Even my husband who is not a water drinker has started drinking much more water. The water is crystal clear and sparkling.

A woman who has helped her daughter recover almost completely from CFS has used this water as part of her treatment plan. That is why I looked into it, tried it at her house and ordered it.

We are very happy that we made this decision since we can use tap water and just replace the filter and rocks every 6 months or a year. If you don't have a cooler, there are different styles of filters that you can put on your counter. You can google PiMag and find out about it.

Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 01/07/2006]
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Ruby,
    It's important to have a water filter today. Boiling your water will not protect you from cryptosporidan, which cannot be boiled out of water. Boiling will not get rid of heavy metals, floride, or clorine. The best filter's are the one's that are charcoal that are combined with silver. I use a free standing gravity filter, like the British Berkefeld. The ones in the store you put on your faucet don't give you the full coverage you need for protection. Always make sure any filter gives you protection from crytosporidan. if it does cover that, then your wasting your time.

K.