Water Filters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I have a Brita Water pitcher but I've been noticing the water doesn't taste as good as it used to--I just put a new filter in too. So I'm not sure if the filters are just not doing their job anymore or maybe its time to try a different brand.

Any ideas?
  2. rocky76

rocky76 Member

..Huge salt system for my well water...

....Cost over $3,000 for the system...

....Its a pain in the rearend...

....the 40 pounds bags of salt cost 6 bucks

....per bag and the tank hold 8 bags....

....then the thing drains thru an over flow which
    runs on the yard and kills the grass...

....now I just buy bottled water from grocery store
    and don't drink my very expensive water....

....Just just it for showers and washings

[This Message was Edited on 10/15/2011]
  3. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I got a water filter for $40 at Wallyworld and the darn thing only lasted 2 months. The filter was just $5 less than the entire filter. Imagine that! So I'm drinking horrible chlorinated city water and trust me, it stinks and taste ewey! So I either suck it up and suck it down, or I put some zero calorie whatchacallit in it, lol. It's Kool-Aid without the darn sugar. Oh wait, 5 calories.

I'd like a cheaper suggestion of a water filter. I was thinking about making my own. If I patent one I'd be rich! ; ) Then I saw this show on PBS and it showed how they filter water in Africa where there's shortages of safe water supplies, and if I get some carbon, sand, and something else, oh yeah, clay, put it in a plastic water bottle and filter a hose from the sink thru it, whalla, I have a water filter! Don't try this at home, do it at work, ha ha!

Anyway, that's too much hassle, so I have to come up with some kind of idea that would work better as I noticed I actually feel better when I'm drinking filtered water. Strange. Maybe I'll get some jugs of water at the store and then when I'm done drinking them I can fill them up at my dad's as he has the good tasty well water!

Fight ;)
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My fridge has a water and ice dispenser. There is a filter which makes the ice cubes and water taste so good. I cannot stand the taste of tap water. The filters, which I change out a couple of times a year, are expensive but they work, at least as far as taste goes. I like to drink Smart Water to replace electrolytes. Unlike Gatorade, which I can't stand, Smart Water has no taste except really good water. I buy it on sale.

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Way back in my childhood, I remember my Mom's boiling water and keeping it in jars in the fridge. It was delicious. We lived where our water came from a glacier in our backyard and it tasted great right out of the spigot. It might have been when they started fluoridating the water, but I think it was earlier. At the time, I remember at school, one of the toothpaste companies gave out free tubes of fluoridated toothpaste. It tasted awful and we all threw them away. AACK! My Mom was always into health and she was always against fluoride.

Love, Mikie