Water retention

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Feb 2, 2003.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Anyone get this? There are days when I drink loads of water and feel like I don't urinate it all out. I feel bloated., but don't show any signs of edema. Then there are other days, when I'm running to the bathroom continuously. I'm past PMS--one year post menopausal. Could it still be hormones? Or is this one of our FM symtoms? I know people with FM don't empty their bladders normally, this was in Devin Staryland's book. We sometimes go and not much voids. Then we feel like we have to go again. I do not have a bladder infection, because I've already check into this. Just comes and goes--but hate this feeling.
    Tania
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

yes there are days when I swear I live in the bathroom. Other times, even when drinking the same amount of water, it's kind of like nothing is really happening, I use the bathroom simply because I know I should have to. I think it's Vitamin B6 that is suppose to be a natural duretic so wonder if that would help. I take a prescription duretic for high blood pressure. When my doctor first gave it to me he told me to be sure to take it in the morning because it would make me have to urinate more so don't take it at night because I would be waking up all night to go to the bathroom. While the duretic did help lower my blood pressure I saw no difference in the frequency to urinate at all.

Dara
  3. blu-butterfly

blu-butterfly New Member

Hey Tania, I also feel like a balloon filled with Helium. I recently started a prescription for water. And boy is it helping! I was so swollen I felt like I was drowning I had no ankles! I've been on it since Thursday. I was also having high blood pressure off and on. But I feel alot better in just four days. Good luck, Michele