**Water & Salt ** Your first step to better health....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PatPalmer, Aug 11, 2003.

1. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Thought i`d post this info, as so many of you are suffering with symptoms which can be helped by the following:-

Drinking 6 - 8 glasses of water a day, with a good pinch of pure unrefined *Sea or Rock Salt*, works absolute wonders for the body.

Always drink a glass half hour before meals, it helps with digestion.

This simple cheap protocol can help clear many diseases & a myriad of CFS/FM symptoms too.

Such as:-

Angina
    Rheumatoid Arthritis
    Ulcers & Hiatus Hernia
    Stress & Depression
    High Blood Pressure
    High Blood Cholestrol
    Multiple Sclorosis
    Sjogren`s Syndrome
    Excess Body Weight
    Asthma & Allergies
    Hypercoagulation
    Hypertension
    Metabolic aspects of Stress & Dehydration
    Bloated stomach (Slow digestion of food)
    Neck & Lower back Pain

Benefits of pure unrefined salt:-

1. Salt is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats and, Contrary to the misconception that it causes high blood pressure, it is actually essential for the regulation of blood pressure - in conjunction with water. Naturally the proportions are critical. 1/4 tsp for every 2 ltrs.

2. Salt is vital to the extraction of excess acidity from the cells in the body, particularly the brain cells.

3. Salt is vital for balancing the sugar levels in the blood; a needed element in diabetics.

4. Salt is vital for the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in the body. It is used for local power generation at the sites of energy need by the cells.

5. Salt is vital to the nerve cells' communication and information processing all the time that the brain cells work, from the moment of conception to death.

6. Salt is vital for absorption of food particles through the intestinal tract.

7. Salt is vital for the clearance of the lungs of mucus plugs and sticky phlegm, particularly in asthma and cystic fibrosis.

8. Salt is vital for clearing up catarrh and congestion of the sinuses.

9. Salt is a strong natural antihistamine.

10. Salt is essential for the prevention of muscle cramps.

11. Salt is vital to prevent excess saliva production to the point that it flows out of the mouth during sleep. Needing to constantly mop up excess saliva indicates salt shortage.

12. Salt is absolutely vital to making the structure of bones firm. Osteoporosis, in a major way, is a result of salt and water shortage in the body.

13. Salt is vital for sleep regulation. It is a natural hypnotic.

14. Salt is a vitally needed element in the treatment of diabetics.

15. Salt on the tongue will stop persistent dry coughs.

16. Salt is vital for the prevention of gout and gouty arthritis.

17. Salt is vital for maintaining sexuality and libido.

18. Salt is vital for preventing varicose veins and spider veins on the legs and thighs.

19. Salt is vital to the communication and information processing nerve cells the entire time that the brain cells work - from the moment of conception to death.

20. Salt is vital for reducing a double chin. When the body is short of salt, it means the body really is short of water. The salivary glands sense the salt shortage and are obliged to produce more saliva to lubricate the act of chewing and swallowing and also to supply the stomach with water that it needs for breaking down foods. Circulation to the salivary glands increases and the blood vessels become "leaky" in order to supply the glands with water to manufacture saliva. The "leakiness" spills beyond the area of the glands themselves, causing increased bulk under the skin of the chin, the cheeks and into the neck.

21. Sea salt contains about 80 mineral elements that the body needs. Some of these elements are needed in trace amounts. Unrefined sea salt is a better choice of salt than other types of salt on the market. Ordinary table salt that is bought in the super markets has been stripped of its companion elements and contains additive elements such as aluminum silicate to keep it powdery and porous. Aluminum is a very toxic element in our nervous system. It is implicated as one of the primary causes of Alzheimer's disease.

22. Twenty-seven percent of the body's salt is in the bones. Osteoporosis results when the body needs more salt and takes it from the body. Bones are twenty-two percent water. Is it not obvious what happens to the bones when we're deficient in salt or water or both.

Try it - You`ve everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3) as in Flaxseed Oil also needs to be introduced after a week, 2 tbsp twice daily.

Love Pat.

[This Message was Edited on 08/12/2003]
  2. IacheIache

IacheIache New Member

I'm tryin' it Pat!!
    ~Thea~
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

A Celtic gray salt and Redmond salt with red flecks..My question is with the bigger grains of salt (as in Celtic salt), where do you find a grinder to make it finer?

Pat, I found out I have further teeth problems with ? as to whether I may have an infection in a root canal tooth, which has been causing periodontal problems when the crown cracked open..do our problems never stop? Sounds familiar to other people's dental nightmares, here...

Just wish we could have the whole puzzle, here, solved,so that we could stop this nightmare...have not been on the board much, lately..

Hope your day has been good,
    Plantscaper
  4. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Plantscaper,

I sensed you must be feeling off colour as I hadn`t heard from you, poor love, & humungus hugs...

Mikie`s just had an infected root canal fixed, and yes, this has been an unseen problem for many here.
    Only good thing perhaps is once sorted properly - could be the beginning of the end of this nightmare for you.
    More expense...

As regards the Sea/Rock salt, I put mine into a hand grinder, you know, the salt & pepper set grinders you find in cookware stores/departments.

Not as fine as the table salt comes, but other than that - could always try putting the salt into a plastic bag and hit it with a rolling pin!

you recently said your desert like mouth *Sjogren`s Syndrome* improved with taking Sea Salt, do your eyes feel less dry too?

Hope things improve soon,

Love Pat.
  5. sofy

sofy New Member

Magnesium allowed me to stop taking blood pressure meds. Taking sea salt makes it go right up so be careful.
  6. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Pat: i tried and tired salt water just makes me nausea, i saw on lorraine day md video the dr. who ha cancer and overcame it on all that carrot jucie etc. don't work for CFS or me carrots break out my tongue over l/2 carrot anways

react to many foods too, chronic painwell

anyway to the poitn lorraine said put small pinch sea salt at back of tongue and chase with lot o fwater
    would this do same thing since drinking or sipping salt water makes me nasueated? thanks paul m
  7. sandy10seven

sandy10seven New Member

I've had post nasal drip or stuffy nose plus awful sinus headaches for a couple of years. Couldn't find anything to help...til I found this site.

Have been doing the nasal washes with seasalt, plus drinking 64 oz of water a day with a little salt and lemon juice added. Also, taking OLE. Only been doing this 2 weeks or so, and I can already tell it's helping. Haven't had a headache in over a week (and I was only going 2-4 days without one before).

Thank you ever so much for posting this information.
    Sandy
  8. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

But I am amazed at the different consistency in the two I just bought..The Celtic Salt is grey, moist, and large like rock salt..The Redmond is a very powdery, dry and very small granules..Is this the way of it? or am I getting what I am suppose to?

Pat,

It is helping very much with more moisture in the eyes (thanks so much for that) and I have noticed that my eyes are less sensitive (think it is a factor of the OLE)..I even attempted to put mascara on the other day, but alas, my eyes are not ready for that, still..eyes still teared until mascara was smeared, but no pain this time! (have not been able to wear for many years, eyes would automatically react with pain when applied and due to oversensitivity, I would end up looking like a raccoon)..

Sandy,

It is so good to hear of your improvements in sinuses/headaches..those were prime areas in which I needed treatment..and the OLE banished the migraines I had suffered for about 25 years on almost a daily basis..

Paul,

Can't you put it on a salad or food of some sort and take it that way..as long as it has not been cooked in the food I think it is suppose to be in its therapeutic state...

Hope you all are doing as well as can be expected,
    Plantscaper

9. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

And have to say that I feel less stressed and today my lungs feel they are clear & bigger somehow.

It`s (that time of month) and for the first time since I can remember when, I haven`t felt the usual ratty, intolerant, horrible, irritable so & so I usually am.

It`s so nice to feel calm & laid back.

Pat.
  10. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I take two salt tabs a day and drink water all day long. I do have to say it does help and I can feel the difference but I still have to watch I dont overdue it. I take salt pills cause of my POTS and I've been taking them since Dec 2002. Make sure you drink lots of water too.
    Carlacat
  11. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Do take regular salt pills, which are stripped of their minerals and have additives? Or do you take the real thing, in it's natural form. That's what's good for us....the refined salt is what's bad.

Marilyn :)
  12. kooky

kooky New Member

Does it make the problem of water retention worse? If one suffers from left ventricular dysfunction, would it not be best to avoid salt altogether??? I have not added salt to my diet for 20 years now.
    However, there is clearly some benefits to adding pure salt to a healthy diet in moderation.
    Thanks for the info about salt. Very informative. Regards. Kooky.
  13. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

normal salt tablets, sodium chloride and I can tell a difference.
    Carlacat