Water therapy/Exercise at Marriott Hotels

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lynna62, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

I wanted to let others in on something great that I discovered earlier this year. I live in Calif so during the warmer months I sign up for a swim class at the local community college. It's great because for $40 per semester I can do my water exercises and get some sun at the same time.

During the winter months I join the health club at our local Marriott Hotel, it has an indoor pool, spa and fairly large exercise room. They charge $35 on a month to month basis (no additional fees to join) and you pay as you go.

Soooo, if you are looking for an economical way to exercise try calling your local hotels and see if they offer something like this. It can't hurt to ask.

Lynna
  2. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

3. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

YMCA & YWCA is a great place to check also. Even though I live in a pretty large suburban area, our Y's don't have a pool :( We do have a very large aquatic facility nearby but they charge $6 per day to go and I try to go 3 times a week so that adds up pretty quickly.

There are lots of options out there, sometimes you just have to get a little creative.

Lynna
  4. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

I wonder if the Y has discounts for disabled people? Or monthly fees that are cheaper than their weekly rates?

CFS 6 1/2 years --- 25 years old
  5. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

I'm not sure about discounts for the disabled but I think they might have scholarships for people who can't afford it. Give them a call and explain your situation, the worst you can get is a "no".

Good luck !

Lynna
  6. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

YMCA scholarships, huh? I did not know about this. I will seriously look into this.