Water verses Cokeacola

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skyeone, Apr 21, 2006.

1. skyeone

skyeone New Member

I had recieved this e-mail from a friend, enjoy the topic!

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl >>and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water? Have A Great Day and Share It With Others
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I love your list. (Loved your poem also).

Wish I got the same results though from drinking as much water as I do in a day.

Do you notice these results Sky?

Fondly, June
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Just sent it to my girl friend her teens drink alot of coke.

I used to drink 2 cans on my way to work and 23 on my way home.Than another 2 at home.

I have sever osteo arthritis now and osteoporosis ( Spelling )I think it was from all the coke I drank for 20 yrs.I no longer drink any soda.

I also wish the amount of water I drink would help that much.

Sue
  4. marilynb

marilynb New Member

Well, I wish I could say that water helped me. I drink a ton of water all day long & I have not gotten any better. Hey, maybe I am drinking too much water & flushing out all the good stuff.

Well at least I can say that after 35 years I am finally kidney stone free. At least I was, at the end of last year. I have not had any more xrays on my kidneys since then, but at that time, I only had one & passed it in November. I guess water did me good in that respect.

I have never really drank Coke. I used to be a Dr. Pepper drinker, before I had to give up caffeine.

Marilyn
  5. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

is a cool show i watch alot they tested coke dissolving a nail it doesn't really eat it away but it will clean a penny lol
  6. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Thank you all for your reply's. I just thought this was something interesting to share with everyone! LOL, at anyrate no I have not had these kind of results from drinking water.

But i must say, that I have great results when i drink my homemade applejuice. No help with memory or concentration, but it does keep me regular......lol! And I also noticed that the applejuice helps to keep colds away. So there ya have it. Water, juice or any other liquid that is caffiene and alcohol free helps with keeping you full (simply because it fills your tummy and leaves no room for food).

Glad you all enjoyed this!

HUGS
    Skye
  7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Just bought a juicer.....going to make my own...

Getting away from all the preservatives must be a good thing.

June
  8. millennia

millennia New Member

Pineapple juice also tenderizes meat, it is great on steak and ham. And I too saw t he show that said a lot of these things about coke are myths. Still, water is definately better for you. And since a lot of us struggle with our weight, switching from coke to water can save a lot!
  9. skyeone

skyeone New Member

You are quite right, juices are very good for a person. And yesit tenderizes meat and tastes great as well. If you don't really like the taste of water, do what I do and add a squeeze of fresh lemon to it. It's great!

Thanks for your comments!
    Hugs,
    Skye

[ advertisement ]